Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone care to critique this? page 2

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I don't want to have to eat six times a day.
    Amen. Although I do agree, he could do worse. He'll probably cave eventually & gain it all back. PB is the only thing I've ever done that seems possible long-term.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    On the flipside, I don't like eating 3 large meals a day. It makes me feel overfull, and I'm frequently hungry between meals. Feeding frequency is a matter of personal preference, obviously.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    @blank_faceplate: Hm. Honestly, I don't eat all that much when I do eat, or at least it's much less than what it used to be when it was a big bowl of pasta. I'm only very rarely hungry between meals. With the way I eat now, I simply COULDN'T eat six times a day; I often only eat twice.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Did he follow Body For Life? I did that once, it worked, but it's totally unsustainable. Give him a year, he'll be a fat ass again.

Quote Originally Posted by aboutsaffron View Post
    @blank_faceplate: Hm. Honestly, I don't eat all that much when I do eat, or at least it's much less than what it used to be when it was a big bowl of pasta. I'm only very rarely hungry between meals. With the way I eat now, I simply COULDN'T eat six times a day; I often only eat twice.
    Right. I, on the other hand, prefer to have meat and fruit for breakfast (6 am or so), a small meal around 10 or 11, another small meal around 2, and then dinner. I don't always eat that way, but it works well for me when I do, which is exactly why I say it's a matter of preference. I'm not insisting any one way is best, just that I'd personally rather eat 4 meals a day. Obviously you'd rather eat 2 or 3, and some folks have restricted eating "windows" during which they eat.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonGirl View Post
    Did he follow Body For Life? I did that once, it worked, but it's totally unsustainable. Give him a year, he'll be a fat ass again.
    Why? That's exactly the same thing people say about paleo or lo-carb, too. Anything is sustainable if you either care enough about the results you're seeing, are correcting a problem eating "bad" foods causes, or simply enjoy it enough. My wife, for instance, couldn't last a week on paleo, but can live indefinitely doing weight watchers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12