Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why we will never overcome page

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/13/fashion/13POTBELLY.html?_r=3&scp=1&sq=hip%20to%20be%20roun d&st=cse?no_interstitial

*sigh*

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Must have been written by someone of rotund form

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

If hipsters are always contrarian, and I'm alwasy contrarian to what people think is "cool" then I don't know what I am.

I sported a bit of a pot belly for too long and I'm never going back to that again.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

I personally think flat bellies will never go out of style. And since they're become increasingly more rare, I think it's all the better to flaunt your specialty

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ya that's not cute. I'm not saying everyone has to have a six pack, but still...potbellies are cool??

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Tarlach is offline Member

Being is good shape is naturally attractive as it's what we instinctively look for in a mate.

Trying to make everyone believe that it's fine to be bigger, still won't stop us from finding toned people more attractive.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Cute little lovehandles, maybe, but pot bellies? Hell no.

Chunster495 is offline Member

OMG this is just ridiculous. It feels like that twilight zone episode "eye of the beholder" where it's just norm to have pig snouts... go figure

*Warning - angry woman about to speak*

Yeah, well, notice that it's only men. Not that I would ever find this acceptable, but it figures that CW is once again allowing men to have more slack than women.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Men are more visual than women, women of course less so. So it doesn't matter as much to women (thank god!) Men, while we have our druthers, are dogs and we will have sex with about anything. At least weight wise.

What amazes me is not so much men vs. women as this thread is about, but teens & 20's vs. 40's and up. My beach walks give me lots of opportunity to see what is happening in society about weight and sexual/attraction norms.

Now, when a "normal" guy or a bit pudgy has a very pudgy or fat gf out there, well, see above about men and dogs.

But I am seeing numbers of obese (BMI 30+) young couples. And even woman of average (for women) or pudgy with an obese man. Both young.

Today's frequent pudgers forty years ago were the rare class fatties. Well, we all know that, don't we? Except those growing up now with pudge and fat as the norm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast