Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal tricep exercises? page

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I love my tricep kickbacks, but I am aware it isn't very "primal." I like throwing some isolation exercises into my WOD, but I'm wondering if there are any more primal ways to focus on my triceps (without the use of a bar.) Suggestions?

Agnieszka Guest

How about grabbing a cast-iron pan and lowering and lifting it slowly behind your head, with arms close to the sides of your face?

maba is offline Senior Member

@Agnieszka, that's a great idea. Just this evening, I tried lifting my cast-iron pan to slide the contents on to my plate with one hand and found it quite heavy. At that point I realized I could use it for some primal exercises.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Or use a sledgehammer and do the same thing as with a frying pan. I did that today with a 16# hammer. Anything heavy enough to give you the burn after about 10 or more reps.

Or just use your bodyweight and do tricep pushups. Killer. Do them nice and slow.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Tricep dips using a chair and a coffee table. Put your feet on the table, your hands on the edge of the chair, lower your butt to the floor and push up.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Oh yeah, dips! And when you get really good, put a few bricks in your lap, (or frozen pounds of beef!)

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Thanks! I do enjoy tricep dips, but I feel like my form is off sometimes, and weights behind my head usually start to irritate my elbows, like I'm putting too much strain on them.. Just wondering, do pull-ups work your triceps at all? I'm gotten crazy addicted to pull-ups.

Catalina is offline Member

Don't know if you all realized it, but you've given a great progression of exercises--from easy to difficult--from cast-iron pans to sledgehammers to pushups to dips--very cool!

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Triceps are involved in pull ups (and biceps in chin ups- where your palms are facing you), but pull ups are primarily a back exercise.

You can never go wrong with pull ups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast