Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newborn babies should not be given sugar as pain relief, says study page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

Newborn babies should not be given sugar as pain relief, says study

Primal Fuel

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    thanks for posting this. I just posted it on my face book.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    I think its pretty silly that any professional EVER thought some sugar water could numb pain...that is ridiculous.

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    But it's OK (according to CW) to feed them formula with sugar in it.
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    I agree that is just as silly, roadrunner...my SIL was ADAMANT about not ingesting sugar during her pregnancies (but only in its raw form as she consumed copious amounts of pasta, etc). Once the baby was born, it went straight to formula because breastfeeding was 'disgusting'. So not only was the baby on formula but needed to be on a special formula that had HFCS instead of just regular sugar.

Yeah, and then she thought it would be ok to dilute the formula to save her some money too (and thats AFTER turning down 50-60 CANS for free because it wasn't the right brand)...she's a real gem. But hey, at least she was adamant about sugar while making the kid, right....mmmhmmm.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Formula needs some sort of sugar to replace the lactose found in breastmilk.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Formula needs some sort of sugar to replace the lactose found in breastmilk.
    Absolutely. But formula is a distant, vastly inferior substitute for breastmilk. And our milk isn't some elevating, magical astounding substance. It's simply the *biological norm*. It's simply what human infants need. Anything else is subpar.

Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

It's also laced with some imune-boosting essentials not found in formula, at least the early stage 'chlostrum' is, not to mention D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
    I agree that is just as silly, roadrunner...my SIL was ADAMANT about not ingesting sugar during her pregnancies (but only in its raw form as she consumed copious amounts of pasta, etc). Once the baby was born, it went straight to formula because breastfeeding was 'disgusting'. So not only was the baby on formula but needed to be on a special formula that had HFCS instead of just regular sugar.

Yeah, and then she thought it would be ok to dilute the formula to save her some money too (and thats AFTER turning down 50-60 CANS for free because it wasn't the right brand)...she's a real gem. But hey, at least she was adamant about sugar while making the kid, right....mmmhmmm.
    Putting a babies' health second to your sensibilities is disgusting, just like the mama's who don't breastfeed because it'll make their breasts saggy when the milk dries up. If your Boobs' apearance is more important than your babies health, you maybe aren't truly ready for motherhood.

Barefoot is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
    I think its pretty silly that any professional EVER thought some sugar water could numb pain...that is ridiculous.
    Absolutely!
    Quote Originally Posted by 979roadrunner View Post
    Putting a babies' health second to your sensibilities is disgusting, just like the mama's who don't breastfeed because it'll make their breasts saggy when the milk dries up. If your Boobs' apearance is more important than your babies health, you maybe aren't truly ready for motherhood.
    I agree - especially since it's pregnancy that causes them to sag, not nursing. The milk is going to come in and stretch them out regardless of whether you breastfeed or not. In fact, not nursing could make it worse because you'll be so engorged and swollen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast