Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PrimalPatty's IF Journal page 3

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I watched the season opener for Biggest Loser last night. I swore I wouldn't. I SWORE I wouldn't! I hate what they put these people through. I'm happy, thankyouverymuch, with my slow but steady weight loss. On the other hand, I have never been 250 pounds overweight, so I'm sure I don't understand the desperation these people feel. On the OTHER hand (can I have 3 hands? Yeah, it's my journal!), to put someone that heavy with no exercise foundation into a one-mile run, to have them feel like failures if they collapse (and, of course SOMEONE is going to collapse...)

And yet it's quite motivating. I come away feeling like if these people can have that much heart and be willing to put so much into it, can I just get my behind off the couch? YES I CAN!

I know that exercise isn't the first strategy in losing weight. And my diet is, in fact, taking the weight off (sloooooooowly but surely). But let's face it. I'm 57, almost 58, and I've spent most of my years as a couch potato. I'm weak, and getting weaker. Or at least that's my fate if I don't get off this couch.

Watching those heartful people on TBL working so hard to reclaim their lives is motivating for me. I just wanna get up and CHEER for them! And I sit on my ass and think about all the exercise I'm gonna do... TOMORROW MORNING. Well, it's tomorrow morning and I'm going to go for a sprint. And from now on, Tuesday evenings will be a Lift Heavy Things time for me. If they can do it, then so can I.

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    I hear you about TBL-I wasn't going to watch it either, but you know, it's that whole train wreck thing. I felt the same way about the run, so I watched in horror to make sure everyone made it. It seems like they were wearing heartrate monitors, but still...

Great job so far with the new woe (I hadn't seen that before, it took me a few minutes to figure out! ) I am also amazed with how this works, it seems so easy at times... I hope everything works out employment-wise!

Following Just4Me's example, I'm going to post my workouts here as a way to log them and to keep me "honest." I also love how she chose goals for herself and rates how she does on them daily. (J4M, you're an inspiration!) I'm going to have to give some thought to my goals.

Anyway, today I sprinted. First time in about 10 years, but I've been walking a lot so I figured I was ready. And I was still filled with the motivation from last night -- so I sprinted. Then I lifted heavy things, which I "should" have done last night. (No "shoulds," Patty. You did it this morning. Good for you!) And then I stretched.

And now I'm remembering why I loved chronic cardio so much all those years ago -- I'm turgid with endorphins! Gonna have to keep an eye on that.

@Tawny, thanks for the kind words. As long as I'm out of work, I might as well put the time go good use.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    I've gotten lazy with posting everything. Well, not so much lazy, as I've gotten busier than usual, lately. But thank you!

So how did you feel after the sprinting? The first few times I did them I injured myself. I'm one of those 'all or nothing' dopes! I'm learning that when I feel the least motivated, if I just jump in, I wind up impressing myself with what I can get done!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for stopping by, J4M. I've been a bit lazy with my journal because of weekend guests. The sprint was absolutely fabulous -- I felt TERRIFIC afterward for the rest of the day. The next 2 days I could hardly move! Walking and running may use the same muscles, but evidently in VERY different ways!

Anyway, I totally fell off the exercise wagon the last few days, and IFing sucked, but I held the course on primal eating. My weight went up maybe half a pound, but my measurements went down and so my bf% went down too. This is waaaay too easy.

And, you'll be happy to note, my order of almond flour has shipped and should be here in a day or two, so the scone recipe is definitely forthcoming. I also want to try a Red Lobster-inspired Cheddar Baked Biscuit recipe with garlic butter topping. I made my first post-Primal meatloaf, and it turned out awesome. I was concerned about the lack of breadcrumbs, so I ground up carrots and onions and put those in instead. It was a tad crumbly, but... did I mention awesome? I'm going to make a double batch next time and freeze slices for quick meals. Autumn always makes me want to cook.

Don't stop posting -- you're definitely an inspiration to me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123