Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PrimalPatty's IF Journal page 2

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    Surprise fast yesterday. I fully expected to eat dinner, but as the evening wore on I realized I wasn't particularly hungry. So I fasted from lunch (around 1:30) until a late breakfast this morning, around 10:00. So... let's see -- I fasted 20 hours?! Really? Without hunger?! ME???

Tuna salad for breakfast, and cream in my coffee. Strawberries are waiting for my dessert, but now that I've eaten I'm not interested. Maybe for a snack later if I feel snackish, or maybe for dessert after lunch.

I probably should have eaten before my morning walk, but I headed out the door early, before hunger hit. I felt a tad slow, but I got in around 6700 steps over just short of an hour. Would have gone longer, but my hip started complaining. My hip has been giving me quite a time these past couple of months, so I'm hoping that my daily stretching will ease that up some.

And this morning I crossed a milestone in my weight loss. I am now officially in the 150's. (Pause to enjoy accomplishment...)

Next goal is to get below 150 (149.9 is good), and, of course, to fit into a size 8 by my birthday. Ultimate goal is 135 and size 6. We'll see what my body thinks of that. I think they're reasonable goals, because from age 20 to 40 I weighed between 105 and 125. I'm working on gaining more muscle now, and there's that menopause thing. If I stall out at 144 and size 8 I'll be happy.

Just realized something. I can no longer call myself a fat, middle-aged, menopausal woman. Overweight, yes, but no longer fat!

Ate dinner last night at 6:30, and was hungry for breakfast around 10:30. What does that make... (counts fingers, takes off socks to count toes...) 16 hours? I'll take it.

This morning I made an egg casserole -- browned some chopped bacon, sauteed some veggies, tossed it into a baking dish, topped with eggs mixed with cottage and grated cheese, and baked. Pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Getting a tad worried. A temp agency is putting me forward for a temp-to-perm job, and I'm nervous how I might fare with this woe if I'm working regular hours. No waiting until I'm hungry to eat -- and no cooking food fresh for each meal, I have to pre-prepare my food and bring it with.

And the pay sucks, hardly more than unemployment.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalpatty View Post
    Just realized something. I can no longer call myself a fat, middle-aged, menopausal woman. Overweight, yes, but no longer fat!
    Good for you! I'm in the same boat as you (menopause and all). Also unemployed. I've been avoiding the low paying jobs because I know I'm worth more! But it's getting really hard not to consider them. There just isn't much out there. Period.
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    Good for you! I'm in the same boat as you (menopause and all). Also unemployed. I've been avoiding the low paying jobs because I know I'm worth more! But it's getting really hard not to consider them. There just isn't much out there. Period.
    Thanks for dropping in on my journal. I'm writing strictly for myself, but it's nice when the neighbors drop in. Just a sec, let me put some coffee on... Primal scone?

Oh, so true. I'm thinking of changing careers too -- from HR Manager to admin, just to get a paycheck in. Wish rents were cheaper in my area. That would help a lot. Low pay, high rents. If it weren't for my primal diet, I'm sure I'd be stressing out a whole lot more.

Just checked your stats -- you're doing great!

I thought for sure yesterday was going to be a disaster. I had every intention of skipping breakfast, but by 10:00 I was starved. I ate some fruit and cottage cheese. Then I got one of my recipe rushes and decided to put together some sort of eggy/bacony thing in the oven with leftover green beans and cheese. I'm not big on eggs, but this was delish -- all puffy and savory and stuff. I ate some, then had to have some more. I was truly concerned that I wasn't going to stop eating. But I left the house to run errands and stopped thinking about food. When I got back I made some "protein pudding" with whey protein powder, whipped cream, vanilla, chocolate powder, and a little bit of banana (another brain storm that turned out pretty good, although I do need to perfect that recipe). Snarfed it down. Then... nothing. Got a little hungry late in the evening, but not hungry enough to get up and do something about it. I just finished breakfast (another square of the eggy thing) and had a significant amount of cream in my coffee. This broke a 16 hour fast. I have another breakfast square ready to go in case I want more, but I think I'm fine, really. I have some blade steak thawed in the fridge for the next time I'm hungry, and I think I'll let the ol' girl tell me when that will be.

This whole "no job" thing is getting me down, so I've got my eye out for emotional eating. I thought that was what was happening yesterday morning, but now I think I was just hungry. Can it be that "emotional eating" doesn't exist if you're eating primal? Stay tuned...

Primal scone = Score!

I just received a call from a recruiter. Low pay and no benefits. Pass. Geez! If I have to take low pay, at least give me some benefits!

Primal scone = Score!

I just received a call from a recruiter. Low pay and no benefits. Pass. Geez! If I have to take low pay, at least give me some benefits!
    I've got temp agencies who want to know if I'll work for less than unemployment pays. For that kind of money I'd rather spend my time hunting for a REAL job. And yeah, benefits MATTER. Of course, that's all up for reconsideration if I come to the end of my unemployment and still have no job... ("Mom, better get that back bedroom cleared out -- here I come!")

I'm dinking with the scone recipe -- in my fantasy it's made with almond flour and has bacon and sharp cheddar cheese in it. The fat would be bacon fat. A breakfast scone. If it works, I'll post the recipe.

Exactly! But I'm holding out until it comes to that, and hopefully it won't for either of us!! I'll keep my eye out for the recipe as I can always use different ideas for breakfast!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll keep my eye out for the recipe...
    Uh oh, put up or shut up time... OK, I'll work on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast