Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: RKi page 2

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    MMMM.....Avacado
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

rki
    rki is offline Senior Member
    I have done well! I survived a pastry-laden baby shower, and eating out today. Green tea was my friend. I totally enjoyed my hot drink and chatted with grain-consuming friends. And eating out was nice with steak and veggies.

Nice. But . . . well . . . they brought the steak to me, and it was practically still mooing. I'm a medium-rare girl myself and this cow was just barely on the rare side of the raw-cooked line. I cut off parts and nudged it to the edge of my plate, telling it to make a break for it, as it was probably still alive. If it did try to walk off, it didn't get very far. My brother hunted it down and ate it. I think my inner Primal, and my former-vegetarian need to get together and duke it out.

I doubt it would be much of a competition. Primal would whoop her, and then eat her still-beating heart raw. And after eating a metaphorical still-beating heart, how bad is a too-rare steak?

Anyways.

I also caught my son's cold--which is actually a little cool. I've never been sick while Primal before, and I'm very interested in the difference. Usually minor colds take me down. Asthma, sinus infections, all kinds of badness. This time, it'd be nice to just have a cold.

Day 3 of 30--done and done well. (Or rare.)

rki
    Quote Originally Posted by isaboblue View Post
    MMMM.....Avacado
    Amen!

rki
    4 of 30.

Still doing well for eating. Not doing so hot with my cold. But I am surviving. A little homemade chicken vegetable soup helped. Ugh. But, still only day one. As long as I don't get a lung infection or something bizarre like that--I'm calling this a good thing. Here's hoping.

Ugh, I hate being sick.....as soon as I start feeling icky I start drinking some home made elderberry tincture, it knocks it right out or if I didn't start early enough it shortens it considerably. Although, now that I think about it, it's loaded with sugar to offset the nastiness of elderberry. Mmm...now that I'm Primal I'll have to start experimenting with alternatives. Stevia maybe.

rki
    Quote Originally Posted by isaboblue View Post
    Ugh, I hate being sick.....as soon as I start feeling icky I start drinking some home made elderberry tincture, it knocks it right out or if I didn't start early enough it shortens it considerably. Although, now that I think about it, it's loaded with sugar to offset the nastiness of elderberry. Mmm...now that I'm Primal I'll have to start experimenting with alternatives. Stevia maybe.
    Never even heard of elderberry tincture. . . I'm going to have to look this stuff up. My husband has me on cherry-chewy zicam--which works good as long as you have eaten. Otherwise, you vomit. Powerful stuff. Not sure how I feel about it.

And is it just me, or does a cold seem to come with more sugar? I drink OJ (sugar, sugar), and eat lots of grapes to cool my throat. Maybe I just need more ice water.

ooo yeah, juice is a lot of sugar! Maybe you should try some hot tea instead...throat coat tea made with slippery elm works wonders on sore throats, it doesn't taste all that fabulous though....better than elderberry!!!
    i've never heard of zicam before, *lol* I don't think i'll try it though!!!
    elderberry is easy to make. i buy dried elderberries (wild crafted so there's no pesticides) and soak them in a glass jar with 80 proof rot gut vodka and sugar for about a month. Then i strain and voila! elderberry tincture! Although from now on i'm using stevia since i'm a primal disciple now.
    hope you feel better soon!

rki
    Day 6 of 30

Alright. I cheated today. I don't feel bad, because this is so within the 80-20 rule it could cozy up to a 95-5 rule. I had a sandwich for dinner--meat, veggies, and bread. My husband brought home Subway because he knew I was in no mood to cook. I don't mind a good cheat now and then. . . but I think tomorrow I'm going to look up so stupid fast and easy recipes and stock my pantries so I can make them when minor plagues come calling.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Subway is so hard to turn down! I miss the smell of the place when you walk in the door! Simply heaven!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

rki
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    Subway is so hard to turn down! I miss the smell of the place when you walk in the door! Simply heaven!
    Oh, very, very true.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast