Thread: Primal Journal - Looking Really Really Good Naked (Paleo_Rob) page

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal - Looking Really Really Good Naked (Paleo_Rob)

Shop Now
    Hey All,
    I have decided to start a primal journal I have been eating primally for a few months now, and have already lost the bulk of the weight I wanted to lose (17kg and now am hovering around 90kg with im guessing 15-16% bodyfat).

With summer around the corner (for us southern hemispherians) I have decided I want to finally ditch the last 5-6% of body fat, and replace it with muscle.

So this won’t be your ordinary primal journal, as I will probably break a few of the tennets of primal living. The primal lifestyle is something I will use for the rest of my life to be healthy, but for the next few months im changing it up for the sake of vanity.

I don’t want to be huge, just ultra-lean and look really really good naked. I will probably end up sacrificing function for size and aesthetics, but I justify it by saying that this is just for a short moment in my life.

The plan is to have this all done by 31/12/2010 and start the new year in with this new body.

Starting today (2nd September 2010) that gives me just under 4 months to achieve this transformation.

To quantify and summarise, I have 4 months to
    a) Lose 6% body fat or 5.4kg of Fat
    b) Gain 5.4kg of muscle. (i.e stay at 90kg)

The general plan for this will be as follows:

Phase 1 - First 6 Weeks
    • Heavy Lifting to Fatigue (Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy) Heavy weights to 8+ reps.
    • Little lifting on the legs (again for vanity sake, I have big quads already and don’t want to have huge chunky legs that won’t fit in a nice set of jeans)
    • Training 2days on 1 day off
    • Doing 30-45mins Steady State Cardio each day. (70% Max)
    • Eating about 500 calories above maintenance, 60:30:10 Fat:Protein:Carbs
    • Training will be fasted, with eating to commence 1-2hrs after training, bulk calories after training.
    • Hopefully I can gain mass whilst losing fat, but If I go up a couple kg during this phase, so be it.

Phase 2 – Next 4 Weeks
    • Heavy Lifting however lower reps and going to about 1 rep below failure.
    • Still training 1 day on and 1 day off.
    • Still doing 30-45min Steady state with a day or two a week of HIIT for 15mins.
    • Still train fasted, however reduce calories to about maintenance.
    • Plan is by the end of this 6 weeks to have at least 60% of the muscle mass I want.

Phase 3 – Next 4 Weeks
    • Heavy lifting at low reps (Myofibrillar Hypertrophy). Essentially try to maintain muscle size and trust increase strength
    • Train every day I can. Shouldn’t be fatiguing my muscles at these low reps so should be able to go every day.
    • Cardio the same.
    • Train fasted, eating 500 Calories below maintenance.
    • By the end of this phase I should have lost the BF.

Phase 4 - Blow Up.
    This last bit is to get that last 40% of muscle mass. By now I should be quite lean, and increasing the muscle should allow me to look quite lean.

Hopefully this doesn’t shock or offend to many people as it is quite a departure from the stock primal deal, however its something I want to try.

So follow on if you like, I will try to write at least once a week and If you have any questions please ask away!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    will we get photos

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Suse bad....but just beat me to the question. lol

Seriously, you stole my goal!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    This sounds like Visual Impact Muscle Building by Rusty Moore, am I right? How do you like it so far? I have begun doubting the StrongLifts 5 x 5 because I think it will give me the bulky look which I don't want.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.