Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Female Form? page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

My partner brought up an interesting point last night. We were talking about bodyfat percentages, and he jokingly mentioned that my, ummm...breasts had to count for 10% at least ;-)

Which made me wonder if your body naturally maintains body fat in certain places? The rest of my body seems to be getting ripped, but butt, upper thighs and boobs are staying the same. Is there any way to lose the junk in the trunk?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Classic female fat disposition. Nothing can be done except lower fat overall.

Your bf's observation is something I've long wondered about. Not you..women and weight. We all know that there is a huge variation is breast, hence, mass size. So, average weight for women can have probably a +/- 2 pound variance.

Second time today I get to mention my honey. As mentioned, beautiful at 61, slim body, and I swear, she must be carrying four pounds of breast. When she complains about her weight - no reason to, mind you - I tell her to take two or three pounds off the scale reading.

Am I a lucky guy, or what?

Madame P is offline Junior Member

Due to estrogen, women generally store fat in the butt, thighs, and breasts. (That's why after menopause, women tend to store more fat in their abdomen.) Your body holds onto this fat because it's in its reproductive interest to do so. However, if you are calorie deficient for long enough, it will eventually give up these stores of fat. If you go to far, this may disrupt your hormones and affect your cycles.

Me, when I lose weight, the first place it comes from is my chest. Be careful what you wish for ;-)

Elana Guest

Man, I'm really feeling like I got the crappy end of the stick! I'm an exceptionally muscular woman (always have been) and I have very little in the way of booty and boobage. My legs are the leanest part of my entire body and I store fat like a man, all on my tummy. I hate to see what menopause could potentially look like for me if what you say is true, Madame!

Elana, most of got a crappy stick end. I was SO skinny right into my early thirties, then was good for a couple of decades, then went up th 290 pounds on a 6'3" frame. Now down to 244 and sliding....

The variety of form and face in humans is astounding, isn't it? Not like cows or prairie dogs.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Thanks for all the great thoughts, beautiful people!

I guess I'll just concentrate on being healthy and active, and let my body sort itself out?

I just don't think I was meant to be a Gazelle, but then they're just food anyway, and who wants to be food? Maybe I'll shoot for Lioness :-D

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Elana, I'd kill for a very muscular physique. My natural shape resembles one of those stone age fertility goddess statues - all hip and thigh fat (yet, my boobs are modest). I've spent over 20 years trying to muscle up my upper body so that it isn't overshadowed by my hips. What I've ended up resembles a magician's accident - imagine him cutting two girls in half and then sticking the wrong halves back together. I have the upper body of a fit woman and the lower body of a fat baby machine. And get this, I'm the least maternal woman I know and never wanted children. (That won't change - I'm 42 now).

I despair of ever being able to fix it.

maba is offline Senior Member

I'm a typical pear. XS on the top and S-M on the bottom. My thighs have always been big and although I've lost some belly fat, I can't get rid of those love handles. I'm yet to have kids so I'm going to convince myself that this is in my best interest.

Indiscreet, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry reading you post. You have a great sense of humor.

Yes, the pear shape is "out" in our society. Yet, it's the baby making shape, if not too out of balance.

If you are new on this thread, and female, please go back to my post, #6 from the beginning.

Elana Guest

Indiscreet, you definitely made me laugh! And...also to see that I should be happy with my physique. It's kind of a double edged sword; I wouldn't give up my strength for anything, but when I see women who naturally have flat tummies and cute little bubble butts, I want to scream about the injustice! I do so many squats and deadlifts just trying to get those orbs on my backside to grow!! Instead, I get the freakish ripply muscled look you see in bodybuilder magazines.

From what I've experienced, fat is most certainly destined to hang out in certain parts of the body, which is obviously different for everyone. Even at 18% bodyfat (what I'm trying to attain again but this time in a post-baby body) I had a little Buddah belly, no ass, and an A-cup.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast