Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Menopause? page

Luvbirds is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Anyone else out there dealing with symptoms of the BIG M and what are you doing for them?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

You know you are getting old when all the babes in HS are post-menopausal......

Not that they can't still be beautiful (my gf proves that!), just a sobering thought.

PattySt Guest

I, too would love to hear stories about primal menopause... Not there yet, but it can't be far off

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

OTB, what does HS stand for? (All I can think of is "high school".)

I'm 50, and I assume I'm going through menopause since Aunt Flo only comes to visit every 3 or 4 months. Other than that, I really don't have any symptoms.

WARNING TO YOU MEN: This thread might contain "too much information" for you. But, hey, it is titled MENOPAUSE. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

Crystal W. Guest

Well, men have their share of hormonal problems too! Some people do just fine going through menopause and others suffer terribly. My advice is to find a qualified doctor who knows how to replace the sex hormones so you can feel better. Must be bioidentical HRT. A regular doctor will not have a clue or stick you on antidepressants.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

You got it, mamma. I shouldn't have been so lazay.

Menopause also has blood or urine indicators, I forget which. A woman I know had zero bad symptoms, just the doctor announced looks like you're starting menopause.

Crystal W. Guest

Usually, the pituitary hormones FSH and LH are tested along with estrogen and progesterone through a simple blood test. If the sex hormones are low and FSH/LH is high, then you're most likely in menopause. Many women do not have a rough time getting through menopause, but a lot do.

maba is offline Senior Member

Luvbirds, looks at the comment section of this post. One of the commenters, a physician, says taking Vitamin D helped her with hot flashes.

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...itamin-d2.html

Luvbirds is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the reply's. I'm already on the Bio-Identicals for about 6 months now. I've been having a really hard time with hot flashes. Since starting the hormones I did have a 2 month window of time where I had none and felt great...and then they returned with a vengeance. I get them sometimes every 20 minutes. The biggest problem is I am no longer sleeping. I wake up constantly soaking wet, throw the covers off only to wake up freezing cold, put the covers back on...and repeat dozens of times all night long. I'm exhausted.

I'm going to give some extra Vitamin D a try, one of my friends mentioned that to me a few months ago. Edit to add...just popped 3000mg Vit D...HOPE I SLEEP!

Thanks...if anyone else has suggestions, please share.

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Luvbirds, please consult a doctor to make sure your Vit D level is not too high. Too much Vit D, just as Vit D deficency, is an issue. You may want to do the 25-hydroxy test to determine your body's Vit D levels.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast