Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Menopause? page 3

Luvbirds is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm on BI-EST PROG TEST PLO GEL (80/20) 2.0MG/100MG/.5MG

Right now I'm using 1.0 MG 2X a day, I'm suppose to be using .5 MG 2X a day. That later amount worked for 2 months, but both those months I had Periods, now they stopped again for two months. I have no relief from symptoms even with me doubling the script.

I just emailed my pharmacist to ask him what I should do next.

*Live*Love*Laugh*

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Hmmm... IMO I think it might be too much progesterone and not enough estrogen. If I'm reading this correctly, looks like you're getting 200 mg progesterone daily (2 - 100mg applications a day)? Yeah, if that's the case, it's wayyy too much. You said you've gain weight? It's most likely water you're retaining.

Really, if you can, get the hormones in separate prescriptions. You will feel a lot better when you can individually adjust each dose.

Sorry...it was misprinted on the script...its only 1.0MG of the Progesterone. 2.0 Estrogen .5 Testosterone

I'll see if my doctor can give me another script for the estrogen separate, maybe adding more of that each day will help. I have 6 months worth of this script...paid cash for it, so I will be using it. In all other areas I'm definitely noticing that the hormones are working. I have a feeling that for most of my life I had issues with my hormones, eating healthy for a lifetime definitely helped keep them in check, but there were always signs that they weren't balanced.

BTW, I will be 50 in 4 short months. My mom never had another period after the age of 50 and she had HORRIBLE hot flashes for years. She was always thin, fit and ate healthy, mostly primal!! I'm not one to suffer in silence like she did. I want to feel good.

*Live*Love*Laugh*

But how many MGs are PER that 1.0MG - the 1.0MG is the amount you're taking, but how much progesterone is in that 1MG.. kwim?

My script says .5ML of 100MG progesterone. I don't take that much though-- I'm only taking 20mgs or so.

Yeah, it's confusing.

You got me...I do have a copy of the recipe they use...I will look it up and see if I can figure it out. Emailed Pharmacist and he said to increase by one more line, I have already been increasing by 5 lines a day...and the flashes are getting worse. It sucks. I want to sleep. I can deal with the daytime, but lack of quality sleep for so long is making me feel like crap all day long now.

*Live*Love*Laugh*

Ohhh Luvbirds.. I don't think you should keep increasing the entire amount (if all 3 are included in one script). I worry about how much testosterone and progesterone you're getting by doing so! Too much of these two can make sleep difficult-- they might be the very culprits making you feel awful.

Too much progesterone is a bitch to clear your system.

K thanks Ecala....pharmacist isn't happy about me taking an extra dose....he wants me to be patient and increase slowly!

*Live*Love*Laugh*

Good luck luvbirds.. keep us posted. Hope you're getting some good sleep!

shirin Guest

Luvbirds, this is my first post. Your story is mine as far as hot flushes (as they're called in Australia) go.

Almost nothing I have done or taken has helped. My menopause was here for real Feb 2007 but had symptoms way before that. I'd been regular as the post, but suddenly just stopped. That's it.

I've never gone on the conventional HRT. I've had all kinds of bioavailable stuff (in different ratios) and none of it does a thing. Sure I felt better, but the flushes were still there. DHEA, which is also supposed to help, gives me migraines. Black kohosh and all the rest of those herbs only made me feel horrible.

I'm absolutely dreading the summer, which is approaching. I thought I could handle them, that is... until I logged them one day. I was shocked - every 30 minutes most of the time. Horrible!!! I don't tolerate heat at all. I've been better during the winter, strangely enough.

I'm very interested to see what ends up working for you.

shirin....I'm really sorry. I know how miserable you must be feeling. Few of my friends have started on this path yet, and those that have already gone through it...had it easy compared to the what I've been dealing with. It's pretty easy to feel overwhelmed and alone. Unless someone knows how bad you feel there is no way to describe it. Hey I've seen people have hot flashes and thought...what could the big deal be??? Yup, I knew it all until it was actually ME having them! It is a big deal to those of us who feel like dog dirt day in and out for months, years of our life. My flashes during the day seem to be a bit better with the weather cooling, so again I'm sorry, you are heading in to Summer and I'm going into Fall. I'm still not sleeping more then a couple of hours at a time, and find that the worst part of all, I feel punch drunk 99% of the time lately.

If you find something other then time that works...LET ME KNOW!! For now, continue to eat well, limit caffeine, alcohol and do get out and at least walk in the fresh air and sunshine. Let's stick together to get though this.

BTW...my best friend on this earth...lives in AU!! She is coming home for my 50th BD...Thanksgiving and Christmas, so happy for her to visit her family and friends during her favorite time of the year!

*Live*Love*Laugh*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast