Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A C.O & turkey breast only day, plateau broken page

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

I weighed in at 244 pounds three or four days running. Was getting very frustrated, so I did something I'd been thinking of. I ate only coconut oil and turkey breast for one day. (And my usual supplements.) I was hoping that the thermogenic effect of the CO and low carbs would kick me down a bit. Sure enough!

OK, OK, I did wind up eating a cup of Korean kimchee at about 5 PM, lordy, just needed a flavor buzz. Also 2/3 of an ounce of blue cheese. I mean, that's all that was in the container, so I was forced to empty it, right?

I drank 6 fluid ounces of coconut oil and almost 15 ounces of roasted turkey breast. Including some rum because pool=drink I had 1700 calories, 6 grams of carbs, 91 of protein. 58-24-2-17 fat-protein-carb-alk ratios.

1700 cal/day is my long term average, BTW, so that's the norm.

I found that as I sort of suspected previously, oil may stave off hunger better than carbs, but it is protein that carries the load. After only 2 oz of CO I went and mowed the pasture, er, back yard and at the end was feeling light headed. That was the only negative (besides flavor deprivation) of the day.

The results? The envelope, please........ 240.5 pounds. Now, even if I add back two pounds due to alky dehydration (I know the drill!), I'm still at a new low! And the plateau seems to be broken.

I'm going to eat more normally today and then try it again the day after.

Catalina is offline Member

Wow! That's a lot of coconut oil. . .did you do it by the spoonful throughout the day? It does seem like the ultra-low-carb did the trick. . .congrats! (What does the alk mean? Is there an acid/alkaline factor in there?)

maba is offline Senior Member

Wow, congrats OTB. I've been on a plateau for a month. Keep us posted on your progress with the CO diet.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Wow, I can't imagine drinking CO like that... I like it for cooking, but not just to eat it plain.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

maba is offline Senior Member

Btw, have you read "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" by Mary Enig? She too reccomends eating CO before every meal to increase metabolism.

I have a little measuring glass, 4 oz that I used to measure out the oil. Yes, I just drank an oz or two at a time. No big deal, it's not like castor or cod liver oil.

I've not read the book, although I'm familiar with the principles....because I just read reviews a few days ago. There is also another diet book I ran across a month ago suggesting the same thing, CO. And, IIRC, the old "Calories Don't Count" from the 60's (Happy Woodstock, everyone!) used vegetable oils for the same thing.

I can report no gastric issues as of this AM.

I can also report an odd finding: I've been using Hole Foods housebrand 365 Virgin CO, it tastes wonderful, has a tiny bit of fine sediment on the bottom. So knowing that I'm running out, I went to pick up more CO the other day. Well, the Spectrum Organic refined was on sale. Now, recalling a thread here where someone insisted that that product tasted terrible, I just had to buy it. Also, allegedly better for frying, higher temp tolerance.

I ran out of the Virgin late in the day and opened the Spectrum. Imagine my surprise to see a LOT of sediments in it, even very slightly brown (emphasize very slightly.) One can't tell in the store because the A/C cools it to solid (75 degrees.) It tastes fine, i.e., no taste, but I could actually sense teeny pieces of coconut.

WTF?

So, I was right about the product not tasting bad.

But I think I'm going to write Spectrum.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Wow, that's a cool challenge. Congratulations.

alk, I think, refers to alcohol, right?

I've been using refined coconut oil for the past month and I really didn't care for it unless it was for cooking. However, after I picked up some EV CO and tried it by itself, it changed my opinion about it. I like the way the EV CO tastes rather than refined. It has a nice flavor. It doesn't work very well for every single cooking method though.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Wow, I love my Tropical Traditions coconut oil, but I've never just had it by the ounce, although I've been tempted. The only reason I don't is because I already use up the jar fast enough as it it. (I do let myself lick the spoon after I scoop it out.)

How do you feel? (Besides feeling great about losing weight.) I think coconut oil affects my mood...makes me feel mellow.

mamma - we seem to have a conversation today - I feel great in every way. Going Primal got rid of the frequent need to sleep, nap. I sleep an hour less and don't have those post meal dumps. That's before the 6 ounces of C.O.

If I can judge only day's results, I never felt better. I'm not just saying that, I mean literally. Alert, energized, chores getting done. No drag.

It's a miracle drug. I mean food.

Nick Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Kinda reminds me of the concept behind the Shangri-la diet too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast