Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A C.O & turkey breast only day, plateau broken page 2

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

UPDATE: Well, I'm back up in weight, down in the dumps. After going back to my all too frequent 244, I'm now at 246. That comes after days of 1717, 2000, 1640 calories, and carbs 25, 47, and 37 net.

Also a new personal best beach walk of 4.3 miles (Yes, GPS.)

So, I guess I'll try another day of the oil and turkey breast, see what happens.

maba is offline Senior Member

OTB, you say you sleep less. I, OTOH, have been sleeping more at night. I never really nap during the day and would get about 7 - 7.5 hours of sleep every night but these days I seem to sleep for a minimum of 8 hours!!! And add to that cooking primal b/f in the morning and I'm late to work almost everyday (but we have flexi-hours)!!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Maybe increase your workout intensity...

Jezwyn Guest

You know that sudden rises and drops in weight are going to be water, right? It's hard to shake the blues when the scale reports jumps in weight though, I know how you feel. I retained quite a bit of water when I went back on my BCP, and have only managed to drop it again since returning to a zero-carb/carnivore way of eating (which I love!!).

Have you ever tried keeping your carb intake below 20g net except for your CO/turkey experiment? I find that I retain water like crazy when my carb intake creeps up, regardless of caloric intake.

Jedi is offline Member

OTB, how has the weightloss been this week (apart from the family pizza party, which sounded cool )

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

...Is coconut oil really that fantastic? So dang expensive. 10 bucks for a little jar..I mean, really? Olive oil is 4 bucks for a large bottle..Hmm.. Am I being too cheap now? Haha

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

You can get coconut oil at about half the price of those little jars if you buy a gallon at a time (roughly 50 bucks with shipping in the continental US). It took me months to go through it even oil pulling, using it on my skin, making tons of energy bars, etc.

maba is offline Senior Member

Jess, I got a bottle of 1500g of Nutiva brand of CO from the local co-op for 29.99. The same is available for $23.95. I'm running out of my CO, I think I'll order my next one from this site:

http://tinyurl.com/cgn6sw

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

whole foods, damn their souls, has their very good house brand 365 virgin coconut oil for $7, 14 oz.

That's about as cheap as I've seen, regardless of grade, for "store boughten."

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

OTB, I just returned from a vacation/shopping trip to the States (Hawaii), where (in my primal nourishment search) I picked up a jar of the 365 Coconut oil to take home. Wow, now I understand why some folks here eat CO straight from the jar. Count me as one of those. It's so good I thought no way, it must be illegal or something.

I had tried a jar (don't remember the brand) of CO a few years back, and it had zero flavor. I assumed that was the norm, until reading posts on MDA.

Because I have access to GNC stores where I live overseas, I also picked up a jar of CO from them to try (discovered from their website that they carry it). It seems to be slightly more intense in deliciousness than even the 365 brand. It was similar in price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast