Thread: Primal Journal-Redflame page

Redflame is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal-Redflame

Primal Fuel
    So here I am, I'm not sure if the Loin cloth dude, or the 30 day challenge made me take the leap, but here I am.

Me: I am a 40ish mother of 2, I have battled my weight all my life. I tell ya, I could write several books about several diet plans. I research, I have a good grip on nutrition.....yet here I sit, still overweight!

August 9th we took the primal plunge. My family of 4 is doing great. Now my 18 yr old son is not 100% primal, but doing pretty good. The rest of us have done fantastic! My 13 yr old daughter is on board and doing great too! I think between the three of us, in 3 weeks, we have lost over 25 pounds.

And I am not focused on food all the time, I am not crunching numbers trying to figure out what i CANNOT fit into my allowances. I am rarely hungry! And I am eating WELL!

We like to cook, and I plan on sharing new recipes and ideas. We are just discovering coconut milk and we have made some great curries out of it!

I am looking forward to the challenge, this will help me get into some primal movement. I am at my desk most of the day and I need to get some slow steady movement going soon to keep this weight dropping off~

Would love to have comments and tips. WHO else is doing the challenge?

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I plan on doing it, at least for most of the month.

It sounds like you are doing really good! It is so helpful to have the family on board. Good luck.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Great start for the whole family! Wish more families would jump on board.
    Welcome to MDA!

I done got learned!

Live and learn, right? Well if that is the case I think I got my Masters over night

We have been doing so good, splurges in my mind have been a square of 83% chocolate or a sweet potato.

But last night when I got home from work it was so nice outside I was looking forward to eating outside with the family. But the kids had just gotten home from a huge Red Robin meal with their grandparents. So we decided to go to a Mexican restaurant and eat out on the patio looking over the river. I had it all planned out--I knew just what I was going to get. I would order beef fajitas, and instead of the huge plate of rice and beans I would ask them to replace that with a handful of mushrooms added to the fajitas as they cook. YUP I had a plan.

And then I started looking at the menu because DH has a weird thing about the smell of fajitas, and so I knew he would not be happy if he ordered them for himself, so I was being the helpful person I am and looked for something he would like.

How the hell did I get to the seafood page? I know that seafood is not filling for me, I guess it is too lean or something, it just does not do the trick. But anyway I ordered a saute of shrimp, scallop, octopus and mushrooms in a garlic butter. It came in a little dish on the side of rice and beans. I ate the seafood, and was not full at all, I had 3 bites of rice, one of beans, and ate the tomato garnish off my plate and DH's. BUT I also had 8 corn chips with salsa.

So just guess how I feel today? Like a great big dinosaur poop! My eyes are puffy, my hands swollen, my knees hurt AND I have a cough like I am getting over a cold! ALSO my brain is not functioning well, but I am not sure if I can blame carbs and grains on that! lol

AND I have a nasty rash on the palm of my hand

So that is my story and Im stickin to it

Today I have a Americano with cream, but when that is done I am getting my tea out. It is made for a colon cleanse, but is is pure and hopefully will help get this crap out of my system. No pun intended

Very primal dinner last night, mixed greens salad, cucumber, and left over meats from various dinners the last few nights.

Today I did not pack good yet again.......arrgghhhh, Dinner we have chicken breast out, I would love chicken curry, but we will see what the fam thinks

I need to get on the scale, but I keep forgetting in the morning, my morning routine is get arse out of bed, quickly get ready, and get the heck out the door.........no lollygaggin!

Wow, it's pretty bad when you dont remember starting a journal. I kept thinking to myself that I needed to do that, but in my head I had not crossed it off of my to do list! Pretty sad

SO, the family has completed its 2nd month. My 14 yr old daughter has lost 25 pounds! I am so proud of her. I have lost 15 pounds, which for me is good......but you know I wanted more. And the hubs, well the first month he had lost 20 pounds, now he says he gained that back. But he is also suffering from gout right now, so I dont know how much that contributes to the scale. I do know that he is not eating properly, and he is not doing anything all day long......so it krept back on. But his jeans are still very lose.

I do need to get my arse motivated. I had a wild notion to get up at 5am and make everyone go for a walk before we ran out the door to work/school. But when 5am came to reality that thought was LONG gone.

SO: to sum up the last 3-4 days

1. Eat Lots of Amimals, Incects and Plants
    Taco salad last night, followed by a snack of 3 fried eggs and guac, 2 hours later, not sure why I was so hungry
    Veggies and chicken breast previous days, and stuffed meatloaf with a side of spinach. So we are doing OK here
    2. Move around at a Slow Pace
    I've been thinking about it alot, first step is getting my head into the game.
    3. Lift Heavy Things
    Lifting weights sometimes at night, maybe twice a week
    4. Run Fast Once In Awhile
    Certainly have not done this in..........well lets just say a very long time
    5. Get Lots of Sleep
    Usually do pretty good here, was struggling to get a good nights sleep, but now that I have the bedroom window open and it is cooler I am doing better
    6. Play
    Usually a weekend thing, and that did not happen this weekend, must plan to play
    7. Get some sunlight
    I have had skin cancer before, and I burn horribly. So my mind still tells me to stay out of the sun. But I am getting a little better and getting 15 mins or so while it is still out. We started the D3 supplement last week
    8. Avoid Tauma
    Yup
    9. Avoid Poisonous Things
    Today I had some chinese food, the sauce had some sugar and MSG in it I am sure, and so I am downing the water right now. But no processed foods other than the restaurant today, no soda, no fast food, in a long time
    10. Use Mind
    I work a stessful, very FT job, so I use my mind alot. I am also finishing up two book study groups, and ready to start one more next week
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Yesterday I grabbed Chinese food for lunch, I had beef and pea pods, greenbeans and garlic, and chicken thighs roasted (buffet) Now I knew there would be some sugar in the sauce of the beef--kinds like broccoli and beef. But I figured I was pretty safe other than MSG. Dinner I had 3 pieces of bacon and three eggs, Went out for a bit, got home and 9pm and for the next 2 hours all I could think about was PIZZA. seriously? I dont really like the stuff! We were close to ordering, but resisted......I wonder if it was because of the previous sugar? I have not had cravings like that in a long time!
    Redflame

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you and your family are doing fantastic!! Keep up the good work!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Oh My! My back hurts....but that is not the point of this post! I was just rubbing my back while sitting in my office chair. I just realized that my back is smooooth, from arm pit to waist......no bra digging in, no back bra buldges! OH this is a good day
    Redflame