Thread: Mark's 30 day challenge to lose weight and look better naked!! page

olsonm67 is offline Junior Member

Mark's 30 day challenge to lose weight and look better naked!!

Hello everyone!
    Well after a couple of month's lurking around the site I have decided to wholeheartedly try this for 30 days and see where it leads me. After retiring from the military in 2008 and taking on a desk job I have slowly started to put the pounds on and it is making me sick! I never used to look like this and I have decided a change has to be made.
    It is really bad when people see you that hasn't seen you in a while and the first thing they notice is your belly and it is not from beer, neither. I do not have the book as of yet, but I hope by reading everyone's blogs and seeing the successes that so many of you have had that I can look good again too.
    I am a very picky eater and my wife constantly gives me a earful because of the way I eat, but I love my meats and I am working on liking more and more vegetables. So any hints on hiding those nasty things in my meals would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope to hear from everyone and receive tips and all aspects of the Primal Lifestyle from all you experianced people out there. I will hopefully have some starting pics done soon so I can post them.
    Thanks to this website, hopefully I can turn my lifestyle around!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It took me a little while to like veggies too. I started with ones I knew I liked. By cutting back on fruit, and essentially anything sweet, my taste buds adapted to more bitter and bland foods- like veggies. Of course butter always helps. It's funny how now a sweet potato really does taste sweet.

Thanks Diana for the reply, I am slowly starting to try different ones, all the stuff I really love I have cut out over the last couple of months. Such as pizza, soda, and pasta. I am always looking for new ways that I can change them up so I can try to enjoy eating them.

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    You will feel so much better that giving up the pizza wont matter!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Thanks for the support Big Dave! I havent had any in about a month now so I am feeling way better. Yesterday was good, drank plenty of water, finished off the day with a wonderful steak and no potato! Now if I can just get past being sleepy during the day when I am at my desk. With Labor day weekend finally here, I may get a little relaxation time, between trying to do home work.

amandatea is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    It took me a little while to like veggies too. I started with ones I knew I liked. By cutting back on fruit, and essentially anything sweet, my taste buds adapted to more bitter and bland foods- like veggies. Of course butter always helps. It's funny how now a sweet potato really does taste sweet.
    So true! I don't eat any grains/wheat/sugar (okay, a tiny bit of sugar but i avoid as much as possible) and I am really starting to enjoy veggies. I was also one who didn't eat many veggies at all and i would have to "hide" the taste with some meat or cheese or dressing. But now that my taste buds have adjusted and adapted, they really are starting to taste good! Maybe i'll even start to like onions (my all-time most detested food in the world) eventually!