Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transitioning to eating meat? page 2

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking Quest Digestive Enzymes. I take one every time i'm going to eat meat.. I got mine here, but i'm in Canada...

http://well.ca/products/quest-enzyme-digest_10615.html

I don't plan on taking it forever, no. Probably a few months... I have a bottle of 90, and I figure when they're gone, they're gone. My body should have adjusted by then...

Kristy2078 Guest
    There's no point in eating red meat if you already are eating other types of meat. People from centuries ago (and thousands of years ago) didn't suffer from not eating one type of meat; they ate what was available in their areas.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    How about chicken meat? You didn't mention it either way, so I wonder.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Melody is offline Senior Member
    It took me a good 6 months to like red meat. I love and crave it now though. Try lamb. IMO bison and buffalo have a very strong red meat taste. Also steaks were hardest for me, mild flavors like pot roast were much easier.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    This may just be me being weird, but returning to meat after 20 years away, I find I prefer liver to muscle meats. Just wrapped up a sliced lamb's liver in individual portions for the freezer - that'll keep me going for weeks.

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    I'm just starting primal after being a vegetarian for my entire life. I've not tried a steak, or whole chicken yet, just shredded chicken or home grown hamburger with a ton of veggies to drown out any meat taste. I didn't have any problems eating it, since there were so much other stuff besides meat. I also made myself some pemmican, ground up a roast, dried it, then pulverized it into powder. After I mixed it with pulverized dried blueberries and coconut oil you can't even taste the meat. And a tiny little piece gives you around 30gms protein. This is a great way for me to add protein and meat when I really don't feel like eating meat

lisser is offline Junior Member
    Maybe try beef jerky? I dont do steaks/roasts ever, I hate the flavor and texture. But I dont mind ground beef or beef jerky. As other have said though, fish/seafood, and eggs are great.

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Could you try making it into a puree like you would for baby food? Or else stir fries where you could hide a few small pieces of beef in with some other meat plus tons of veggies.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy2078 View Post
    There's no point in eating red meat if you already are eating other types of meat. People from centuries ago (and thousands of years ago) didn't suffer from not eating one type of meat; they ate what was available in their areas.
    Beef has by far the most carnitine and CLA of any of the typical farm animals, and littlest omega 6. So it is pretty ideal, especially grass fed. Maybe lack of beef doesn't cause complete and utter death and suffering, but it is far better than eating chicken, pork, or turkey.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Isfahel View Post
    I'm just starting primal after being a vegetarian for my entire life. I've not tried a steak, or whole chicken yet, just shredded chicken or home grown hamburger with a ton of veggies to drown out any meat taste. I didn't have any problems eating it, since there were so much other stuff besides meat. I also made myself some pemmican, ground up a roast, dried it, then pulverized it into powder. After I mixed it with pulverized dried blueberries and coconut oil you can't even taste the meat. And a tiny little piece gives you around 30gms protein. This is a great way for me to add protein and meat when I really don't feel like eating meat
    I don't think that's true pemmican so it won't keep like pemmican will. True pemmican has the moisture removed from the meat and fat to prevent it going off. However, it does sound like an awesome idea nonetheless and you can keep in the for a week or so until it goes off, or throw in the freezer instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast