Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to keep coconut oil liquid (for pouring, spraying) at room temp page

Jenny is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb How to keep coconut oil liquid (for pouring, spraying) at room temp

Primal Fuel
    If you add just a little olive oil to melted coconut oil, it will stay melted at room temperature. Doing this lowers the melting point of the oil mix just enough.

In my experimental batch, I would guess I added less than 10% olive oil and it looks like that was more than enough! So it takes very little.

Of course it's easy to coconut-oil a pan with heat, but this approach has let me put the oil in a sprayer -- so I can oil anything I want, including a salad or a steak.

I also like to use it in my hair, as lotion, etc. and having it in a liquid sprayer is so much easier for me than hand-scooping and melting.

Hope this helps!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Wow, excellent suggestion. I will try this!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Fortunately I live in Miami... the house averages about 75 degrees most days and I never have any problem with coconut oil solidifying. Great tip!
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

I'm too pregnant-hot-flashy to let my house be that warm, Velocity. My husband is freezing meanwhile, but he's enjoying the view!

Maybe I'll experiment later to work out exactly how much olive oil it takes... but I guess it also would depend on the ambient temperature of your home, too.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Good to know. Thanks

this will def get rid of the chunks in my smoothies now

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    On another website, someone was melting her coconut oil on a $6 candle warmer. (Which looks just like a coffee mug warmer.)

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Fortunately I live in Miami... the house averages about 75 degrees most days and I never have any problem with coconut oil solidifying. Great tip!
    I was going to say the same thing! I have never been able to keep coconut oil solid without putting it in the fridge.
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    On another website, someone was melting her coconut oil on a $6 candle warmer. (Which looks just like a coffee mug warmer.)
    Yeah, I was rinsing my coconut oil sprayer in warm water before using it for a while. Then I decided to go for the permanent, patience-free solution.

Steve-in-MN is offline Member
    Jenny - what kind of sprayer do you use? I have the store-bought Spectrum CO spray can (like PAM, but CO). Filling your own sprayer sounds more economical, not to mention green. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast