Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IF and headaches page 2

yogadaily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jturk View Post
    (And I'll say that going primal was the best thing I ever did for my migraines!). So yeah, don't be afraid to break the fast if you get a headache (just don't do it with a piece of fruit - it'll get worse. I've learned that lesson about 2,000 times now...)
    I was hoping for the same with primal but they have gotten worse. Thank you for the fruit suggestion! I could see that doing the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    Maybe try to ease into them and maybe NOT do them around menses time?
    Best suggestion award! I don't *ease* into much and menses is high time for migraines for me...
    Thank you!

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    Lynn, I notice that you've only been a member since July, and I wondered if you're new to the primal way of life. FWIW, I needed to be on a primal diet for many months before my blood sugar settled down enough for me to consider IFing. Otherwise I most definitely would have gotten headaches and worse. If you're new to primal, maybe you just need to give it a few months for your body to get stabilized? Just a thought...

And I've been IFing for ONE WHOLE DAY so believe me I'm no expert! But I do know more than I'd like to about low blood sugar.
    Last edited by primalpatty; 09-01-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks, Primal Patty...I will do just that...slowing down on the IFing sounds like a good option. I'll try again in a month or so. Thanks!

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    Maybe try to ease into them and maybe NOT do them around menses time?
    +1 on easing into them, no experience on the other half of the suggestion.

When I started IF I simply skipped breakfast, then delayed lunch until the first sign of being uncomfortable, after a while skipping lunch and eating an early dinner, you get the ideal.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Exactly, Kev. And the better you eat as you go along, the easier it will become!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I would agree that you really want to get your diet sorted out and get over the low carb flu for a while before you start doing IF. I'm a daily IF kind of person these days with about 16 hours being my minimum and sometimes 24 to 48 hours. I've found that I really don't enjoy going much longer than 48 hours though. At the point that I'm at now a 16 hour fast feels like I just ate to me and I know that at any given time I can go a couple days without eating and I'll be just fine.

When I hear people around me staying how hungry they are and that they are starving it makes me smile inside. I consider and understand my body's needs in a different way than they do. It's a thought that I normally keep to myself though. It's perfectly normal for someone to feel the way they do and I never say a word about it. I am an eccentric bastard anyway.

hey there,

thanks for you thoughts...

now i have a frickin' cold - just curious, do you all like fasting during a cold? and how about exercise when you're feeling under the weather?

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogadaily View Post
    hey there,

thanks for you thoughts...

now i have a frickin' cold - just curious, do you all like fasting during a cold? and how about exercise when you're feeling under the weather?
    I really haven't been ill since I started the PB, but I love to exercise fasted.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't had a bad cold for a while but I tend to keep my normal eating schedule colds. Snacking and eating at weird times just isn't in my vocabulary at this point. I do cut out lifting heaving things though if I'm really sick. The last thing that I want is hurt myself.

Oh and if I've slept really poorly I don't enjoy fasting quite as much and I will shorten down a fast if I didn't sleep well. (it's good to be flexible anyway) If I had thought I would be doing a 24 hour fast, for example, and I'm exhausted I'll probably cut it down to 16 hours or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast