Thread: Primal Pakistani! page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

This is a version of a recipe called, "Chicken Jalfrezi" My Boy still eats Naan with it, but I just use the sauce over steamed Cauliflower or something

;-)

2 lbs. Free-range chicken parts

1 large onion finely chopped

1-1/2 lbs really ripe tomatoes, diced

4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped finely

1 to 2 inch section of Ginger Root, finely chopped

2 tsp. Cumin, ground

2 tsp. Coriander, ground

1 tsp. Turmeric, ground

2 tsp. Chile Powder, ground

2 tsp. Garam Masala, ground

2 Tbl. Oil for frying (you can also use clarified butter)

Big handful of Cilantro leaves, chopped

-----------------------------------------------------

Saute onions in oil until they soften and start turning golden. Add ginger, and all spices EXCEPT Garam Masala; continue to stir (you can add a little water to keep mixture from sticking and burning). Cook for about 5 more minutes, then remove from pan and place in a bowl. Add a little more oil to the pan, heat it up again, then brown the chicken pieces. When they're nice and brown, add the onion/spice mixture to the pan. Add tomatoes, Garam Masala and a little water. Cover and simmer for about 1-1/2 hrs, until chicken is very tender. Add Cilantro leaves, simmer for about 5 minutes, and serve.

"Enjoy Aour accha health tum!" (Enjoy, and good health to you)

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

That sounds great! I'm going to try this next week. I do love Naan but will try to forgo it.

Catalina is offline Member

Sounds yummy--thanks for sharing it!

sofiawahaj Guest

Hey fellow Pakistani! I am a half-Pak. My father is from Karachi and my mom is American. But I am closest to my father and his family and I know how hard it is to give up the naan and the rice! How are you doing? And I am super proud of you for becoming a primal Paki! I am gonna show this to my family to try and get them primal too!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

sofiawahaj,

Thanks for the kind note!

Actually, I am a non-pak---but the love of my life was born in Karachi. We've been together almost three years, and I am fascinated by the history and culture. And OMG--- the food!

I love the fragrance of the spices when you cook, and how the preparation develops the flavors of each ingredient. Although he's very modern, I still get most of my meats from the Halal shop, because my friends there take great pride in the food they sell, and can often tell me the exact farm the goat came from...it's just better food all around.

I'm new to Primal, but it seems as if most of the recipes I already have are very healthy for us, and although I love Naan dearly, I have to admit that most of the flavor is in the curry. So if he has Naan, and I have Cauliflower...not a problem.

He kinda looked at me funny the first time, but he loves the way I feel...and how I'm starting to look

;-)

Best of luck with your beautiful family, and please let me know how things go for you.

Phir Milaiyin ge!

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Mmm...naan. Any gluten free version?

patski is offline Senior Member
    Oh man, I love naan. But haven't eaten it in a while.

I love me some Primal Pakistani food! Nice! I'll have to whip this up
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.