Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sooo angry!! Coco Pops...GGRRR page

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member

sooo angry!! Coco Pops...GGRRR

Primal Fuel
    I've just seen an INFURIATING ad for coco pops....Choc and roll - with ADDED fibre and whole grains!

Poor kids!! not only oooozing with sugar but fibre AND whole grains!??

Aaarrggh....has anyone ever outbursted and raged against the machine in front of other people?? I'm very tempted to stand in the supermarket isle and rant at people as they pass by, looking for it..

Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    i totally understand your anger. I can't watch Tv adverts any more and advertisers are the devil. And don't get me started on the Mullerlight ones.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    i think there should be some sort of labelling laws that state a product has to be called what it's key ingredient...so half the products on the shelf would be called SUGAR!!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Yep.. although sadly this probably wouldn't deter most people from buying it. 'It's only 1% fat, it's good for me'.

annie is offline Senior Member
    I get angry with the commercials all the time! I'm thrilled, however, that my kids are trying hard to rage against them with me! They say things like "it might have fiber but I bet the second ingredient is SUGAR! Not on the list!!!" We searched for poisonous things in the grocery store and they're getting the idea that sugar isn't good for us! There's hope!

I feel the same way! Every time that I see the "prescription" fish-oil ads, the pro-HFCS ads, and anything pro-vaccine I see RED!
    "The power that made the body HEALS the body" - B.J. Palmer

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Commercials used to infuriate me ... or annoy me... so I finally ditched cable altogether. I either watch programs on HULU or Netflix. On Hulu, there are much fewer commercials and ones you don't like you can give a "thumbs down" and click "doesn't apply to me" and they'll stop showing you those. I keep the benign boring easily ignored ones like car commercials and the like.

Now it's just the ones on the car radio that bug me. Those seem to be less ridiculous, and I just change to another station for music, but am hoping to get an ipod dock installed in a few months (b-day present to myself!!) and then I won't listen to radio at all anymore (my local radio morning show is online, so not as many dumb ass commercials).

It's definitely added a lot of peace to my life...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    I get angry with the commercials all the time! I'm thrilled, however, that my kids are trying hard to rage against them with me! They say things like "it might have fiber but I bet the second ingredient is SUGAR! Not on the list!!!" We searched for poisonous things in the grocery store and they're getting the idea that sugar isn't good for us! There's hope!
    That's awesome that you have your kids excited about living primally or at least it seems so at least a bit.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    I abhor Nature Valley commercials. They're self-righteously kitschy, passing off all manner of candy and junk as "health food."

Bird poop sometimes contains "whole grains." Maybe we should eat that.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I find that I'm completely unfazed by all the unprimal advertisements. Commercials have always been about garbage that I really don't want or need. It's not like there will ever been a commercial for grass fed beef, fish, and body weight exercises. We primes just aren't the targets for mass media anymore. We're a fringe group here. Personally, since I consider myself an eccentric bastard anyway, I'm good with it. So go ahead, be coo coo for Coco Puffs and then wash them down with a Coke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast