Thread: New and loving it!!!! page

amandatea is offline Member

New and loving it!!!!

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking around the site for a few days and I love it!

I just found this site by chance on StumbleUpon and almost skipped it! I'm glad I hit that "back" button on my browser!

I have been primal for about a week.. i think... I'd have to look into it further to remember and plus i've been up since before 5am so the brain is getting tired. Anyway.. I have lost 8lbs.

This "diet" is amazing! Two weeks ago, I could barely walk from the bus to work (a 5 min walk) without my back hurting(horrible posture - standing up straight was terrible pain). Now I enjoy, and even look forward to, and EVEN get excited about walking all the way home (it's only about a 25 min walk.. i shouldn't have been taking the bus in the first place) while carrying heavy stuff

I have absolutely no cravings for carbs or sugar anymore (i put a bit of sugar in my coconut milk at first to get used to the taste but i'm starting to enjoy it plain now) and I feel fantastic!

So maybe soon when i'm a bit more organized, i'll start a Journal too!

Later

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it's a great site and a great way to eat and exercise.

I should also add, I look forward to walking TO work and home, barefoot

And, Sam Cree, yes it is

shannon is offline Senior Member
    welcome;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Thanks!

Okay, this morning, the water in my building is off and i'm super thirsty. We have nothing to drink but Dr. Pepper (my sister still buys "normal" crap food) and i drank a few sips - disgusting! All i can taste is chemicals and junk and it's making me more thirsty! So much for that!

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandatea View Post
    Thanks!

Okay, this morning, the water in my building is off and i'm super thirsty. We have nothing to drink but Dr. Pepper (my sister still buys "normal" crap food) and i drank a few sips - disgusting! All i can taste is chemicals and junk and it's making me more thirsty! So much for that!
    thats what happens! i cant even stand the smell of processed foods now..never mind think about eating them. Good luck! and welcome =]

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard!
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the MDA Forum Amanda! Glad to hear you are already enjoying your journey after just a week. Good luck with your journey!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Thanks everyone!

Primal Toad, I found your videos on youtube and they are awesome. I can see you're hardcore Primal and i've tried really hard to dive in as hardcore as i can! Your videos are great and very inspiring! Thanks for commenting!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I have been away for a while. I have generally stuck to the Primal philosophy but I have had some weak moments in time. I have been really busy this year, learning and working and living life. I'm sure you guys all know how it is.

I really want to get back hardcore paleo. My sister is moving to Alberta in May so, although I will miss her, this is a great opportunity to get back to having NO junk around. Since I will be 100% in control of what comes into my kitchen, I won't have any temptations around. Also, I have a physical with my doctor in June and I want to really impress her with my blood-sugar numbers and all that. So I suppose this is just an update and to say I'm baaaaaaaack.