Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cortisol. How to control it if you can't relax. page

I think the title says it all. I am type A, obsessive, high strung, anxiety is my co-pilot, etc. If I exercise regularly, follow the primal blueprint as closely as I can, what else can I do to control cortisol besides "relax"? I can't. It's just not an option. So what else is there?

SullynNH Guest

get a meditation tape...seriously it can help you learn to settle the mind and slow down a bit...trust me I know all about anxiety to PTSD....if I can learn to relax anyone can...just figure out something that you like...I mean anything...playing with legos, coloring/drawing etc (I know funny, but kids games/toys/hobbies are really good at helping us to relax...minus the electronic gadgets that is)

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

well all I can say is meditation has done wonders for me,. first I used guided meditations cd's then after I got good at it do it on my own. how long have you been on PB? I think you can increase your omega oils too and it helps. that is what works for me and some yoga too. xoxox Darlene

SullynNH Guest

I would second omega's they are part of the bodies natural, tryptophan-serotonin production (which actually takes place in the digestive system believe it or not)

I've been PB for close to 2 years now. I'm very good at following a plan and sticking to it. In fact, I love plans, just like I love lists, and tasks, and to dos. Relaxing is an issue because it's just a state of being, nothing is being done and there is no goal, it's bothersome. Meditation drives me crazy because I just think of all the things I can be doing instead.

@Sully, I actually have coloring books! It works while I'm doing it, but doesn't have any lasting effects. Maybe I can start making macaroni necklaces. Seriously.

And I take my Nordic Naturals Omegas everyday!

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

I was like that too when meditating trust me I am a big type A person but like anything in life it takes *practice* first to stop the endless thoghts draw attention to your breathe and each time you wonder off in your thoughts again go back to your breath focusing on the in and out of your breathing...it make take a while but you will get in the zone....

Carlson's is a great cod liver oil and that has helped me. xoxo Darlene

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Yoga. Seriously! Not only is it good for you physically, it will help calm your mind. It won't happen right away but focusing on the movements will help you stay in the moment and you will feel like a million bucks when you are done.

Miriam Guest

You can meditate for a few minutes a day, it doesn’t have to be long, more like a breathing space, when you start to feel anxious just take a few deep breaths.

Also the herb Tulsi is good for anxiety, you can get it in tea or in tablet format from health food shops.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

How can you know your type?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Phosphatidylserine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast