i just put together a quick and delicious meal using my haul from the farmer's market this morning. You need:
Lots of tomatoes (I used a random selection of heirloom tomatoes, from the big lumpy ones to the little pear shaped yellow ones)
Bacon (!)
Cheese (I used white cheddar)
A small onion
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil & Vinegar
Thyme

I sliced the tomatoes into thin and attractive pieces and placed them on my plate. Covered them with shredded cheese, then dusted the whole thing with pepper, thyme, and salt (go easy on the salt because even though it's good with tomatoes, the bacon will bring some along for the ride, and you can always add more). I then drizzled the plate with the vinegar and olive oil. While this all sat and stewed, I began frying the bacon.

I cooked the bacon until crisp, chopped it roughly, and threw it, still hot, on top of the plate, where it began to melt the cheese. I then threw the diced onion into the bacon grease, added some thyme, and sauteed until delicious. When the onion was cooked to my liking, I dumped the whole pan, grease and all, on top the plate, and dug in with a fork and spoon.

Simple bliss. Tomatoes, bacon, and cheese all are some of my favorite foods, and I am glad I finally got up early on a Sunday to hit the farmer's market and pick up some real tomatoes. As I told a friend today, a summer without good tomatoes is a summer wasted.