Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Pancakes page

AnthonyU is offline Member

Cool Coconut Pancakes

Good morning

We just tried coconut pancakes for breakfast instead of the usual almond meal and they were fantastic!! Light and much tastier. Put sokme blueberries in the and ate them with a few more blueberries and butter on top and a side of 4 pcs of Trader nitrate free bacon. Coconut flour is my new best primal friend. Next is coconut fried chicken!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    yes, coconut is godly! i would be a-ok stuck on an island surrounded by coconuts;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyU View Post
    Good morning

We just tried coconut pancakes for breakfast instead of the usual almond meal and they were fantastic!! Light and much tastier. Put sokme blueberries in the and ate them with a few more blueberries and butter on top and a side of 4 pcs of Trader nitrate free bacon. Coconut flour is my new best primal friend. Next is coconut fried chicken!
    ITA. I thought they were awesome. Though in the spirit of full disclosure, I did do half coconut/half Pamela's GF pancake mix which has some GF grain in it as well as almond.

Next time, it's alllll coconut or coconut almond. I just had to use up the gf flour mix.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Can you please post the recipe you used? I tried to make the one found in the PB cookbook and failed. Oh, and which coconut flour did you use? Maybe that's what was wrong with mine.

Thanks!

This recipe is courtesy of www.comfybelly.com

•3 large eggs or 4 small eggs
    •1 teaspoon of olive oil (or your oil of choice)
    •1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
    •1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
    •1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (I now reduce this to 1/4 teaspoon) - used 1/4 tsp
    •1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup - used raw honey
    •2 tablespoons of coconut flour
    •fresh or frozen blueberries (optional) - out some fresh blueberries in the batter

this made 5 pancakes. slathered them with butter and more fresh blueberries on top

Cool

Used Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour. I ordered mine on amazon.com

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    I have made the pb cookbook version of coconutr pancakes several times & with mixed reviews. Yesterday I decided to bake them on parchment paper. That was the key. no more griddle for me. No burnt, raw in the middle falling apart "pancakes" again
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

marktripp is offline Senior Member
    I have had a bad experience with the recipe out of the cook book also! Maybe I need to try the baking deal.

yesterday I made the recipe in the book.....quadrupled it - used half coconut flour, half almond meal

It was a hit even with the most freakishly picky eaters of our group and there are some VERY picky eaters in this group of 13 extended family members. Very Very Picky.

if you're using just coconut, remember to add extra water....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairdr View Post
    That was the key. no more griddle for me. No burnt, raw in the middle falling apart "pancakes" again
    if they're burned on the outside and raw in the middle the temp is too high. I have found I have to cook them more slowly (ie lower temp) than traditional pancakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast