Thread: Low carb bible..and what for breakfast? page

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I just ordered this on Amazon used for like 67 cents! I hope it is good, I have a lot of other low carb books I need to find back in the day when I was on Atkins and have quite of collection I will have to dig up and post some fav recipes. I love recipes with almond meal...I made a great bread from this using coconut flour too.

anyone else have the Low Carb Bible?

I did Atkins for awhile and hated it I think PB is a bit more libral and not as strict.........I got so sick of eggs and bacon so I am hoping to find more breakast ideas...any pancakes? I can make breakfast sandwhiches out of pancakes too...........thank you for sharing xooxo

xoxoo Darlene

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I've been eating salads for breakfast: 4-5 cups of spinach, miscellaneous raw veggies, hard boiled eggs, avocado, olives or nuts, and homemade dressing.

Sure, some people at the office think I'm odd. Tough. I may be odd, but I'm healthy!

When I'm at home for breakfast, I usually scramble or fry a couple eggs and serve them with a pile of sauteed veggies (like zucchini, peppers, onion, and mushrooms) with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

There was something on Dr. Eades' blog the other day...

He ordered a breakfast:
    [quote]

two poached eggs on a bowl of sauteed spinach, red and green peppers and onions.</blockquote>

For what it&#39;s worth I think I&#39;m going to try it. Sounds yummy.

I am one of them weird people that can only eat *breakfast* foods for breakfast...my daughter use to eat cold pizza or leftover chili ughhhh totally grosses me out, can we have cheese? haven&#39;t got that far in the book yet?

I had some wonderful sausage egg muffins I use to bake when on Atkins.

I guess I can make pancakes from my coconut flour and almond flour if this is allowed? xooxo Darlene

maba is offline Senior Member

I found this low-carb community on Amazon that seems to have a lot of low-carb lifestyle books and products, some them are trash like Slimfast and such, but I thought it&#39;s overall a good resource:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/low%20carb..._cdp_ptcl_istp

Katt is offline Senior Member

Breakfast?

I had sliced roast beef, almonds and blackberries the other day. Today it was sliced turkey, a half of a tomato and some blackberries. Or just blackberries, cream and almonds

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

lcme is offline Senior Member

Katt,

You should try coconut cream instead of cow milk cream (which is what I&#39;m assuming you meant)

It tastes so wonderful and has all the health benefits of coconut milk, with just a little bit more fat.

You can either make it by simmering coconut milk till a lot of the water evaporates or you can open a fresh can of coconut milk and collect the thick white cream that has separated to the top.

SullynNH Guest

Darlene--coconut and almond flour/meal pancakes are more than allowed, some nice organic butter and fresh strawberries really finishes them off!

here is the recipe I use:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...conut-pancakes

where can you purchase coconut cream?

that would probally be better in coffee right?

thank you for the comments and link ..will ck it out xoxo Darlene