Thread: Low carb bible..and what for breakfast? page

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

I just ordered this on Amazon used for like 67 cents! I hope it is good, I have a lot of other low carb books I need to find back in the day when I was on Atkins and have quite of collection I will have to dig up and post some fav recipes. I love recipes with almond meal...I made a great bread from this using coconut flour too.

anyone else have the Low Carb Bible?

I did Atkins for awhile and hated it I think PB is a bit more libral and not as strict.........I got so sick of eggs and bacon so I am hoping to find more breakast ideas...any pancakes? I can make breakfast sandwhiches out of pancakes too...........thank you for sharing xooxo

xoxoo Darlene

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I've been eating salads for breakfast: 4-5 cups of spinach, miscellaneous raw veggies, hard boiled eggs, avocado, olives or nuts, and homemade dressing.

Sure, some people at the office think I'm odd. Tough. I may be odd, but I'm healthy!

When I'm at home for breakfast, I usually scramble or fry a couple eggs and serve them with a pile of sauteed veggies (like zucchini, peppers, onion, and mushrooms) with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

There was something on Dr. Eades' blog the other day...

He ordered a breakfast:
    [quote]

two poached eggs on a bowl of sauteed spinach, red and green peppers and onions.</blockquote>

For what it&#39;s worth I think I&#39;m going to try it. Sounds yummy.

I am one of them weird people that can only eat *breakfast* foods for breakfast...my daughter use to eat cold pizza or leftover chili ughhhh totally grosses me out, can we have cheese? haven&#39;t got that far in the book yet?

I had some wonderful sausage egg muffins I use to bake when on Atkins.

I guess I can make pancakes from my coconut flour and almond flour if this is allowed? xooxo Darlene

maba is offline Senior Member

I found this low-carb community on Amazon that seems to have a lot of low-carb lifestyle books and products, some them are trash like Slimfast and such, but I thought it&#39;s overall a good resource:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/low%20carb..._cdp_ptcl_istp

Katt is offline Senior Member

Breakfast?

I had sliced roast beef, almonds and blackberries the other day. Today it was sliced turkey, a half of a tomato and some blackberries. Or just blackberries, cream and almonds

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

lcme is offline Senior Member

Katt,

You should try coconut cream instead of cow milk cream (which is what I&#39;m assuming you meant)

It tastes so wonderful and has all the health benefits of coconut milk, with just a little bit more fat.

You can either make it by simmering coconut milk till a lot of the water evaporates or you can open a fresh can of coconut milk and collect the thick white cream that has separated to the top.

SullynNH Guest

Darlene--coconut and almond flour/meal pancakes are more than allowed, some nice organic butter and fresh strawberries really finishes them off!

here is the recipe I use:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...conut-pancakes

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

where can you purchase coconut cream?

that would probally be better in coffee right?

thank you for the comments and link ..will ck it out xoxo Darlene