Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Least obvious Vibram 5 fingers page 2

umuhk Guest

Shop Now

Helen: REI has them in some stores, or so I understand (they can be hard to find). I got mine at a small runners' equipment store in a nearby college town. The FiveFingers web site should have a "store locator" on it somewhere.

fritchbeetle is offline Junior Member

I bought the light blue sprints. People just assume that they're water shoes. The only real comments I've had have been from children, who seem to think that they're the coolest thing ever. One little girl asked if they were sticky!

lcme is offline Senior Member

Haha sticky. I can imagine her thinking that they were like gecko feet.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Helen, you might want to check the stores since they may have unexpected sales. I bought a pair of classics yesterday for $40 (half off) because they wanted to get rid of last years stuff.

Excited to start wearing them. Seems my piky toe is rubbing against the material though, ouch.

Tarlach is offline Member

I also think black KSO's are the least obvious. Especially if you have black socks on.

I have no problems wearing them to the office with pants and a collared shirt, or out to big meetings, etc...

As for size. I purchased a bunch online as per the Vibram instructions. They fit pretty well (the flows are hard to get into and need to be stretched out it seems). My KSO's (that I bought locally and didn't have any choice for size) are two sizes too big. They are ok large, but if I bought them again, I would probably get them at the Vibram suggested size.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Tarlach, you wear socks with your Vibrams? Do you think these shoes are bike-friendly as well? I heard it's not advisable to go biking barefoot...

Yeah I have black toe socks. You can get them on eBay or for a good brand, try:

http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/performance.htm

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )

I REALLY wish I could wear them. Just walking around barefoot causes me major issues (left leg is shorter and hip bone is fused to last vertebrae, so I have no compensation and my poor left leg takes a major beating).

I will, however, buy some to wear for steep, climbing/ hikes, I'm sure that'll be awesome. But, alas, I just can't wear them like y'all can :-(

kyleec Guest

Why are people self-conscious about their Vibrams being noticed? I have some greenish KSOs and they start a TON of conversations. I get to talk to a lot of people I may never have spoken to because they want to know what I'm wearing. Young females are especially curious.

I care about them being more subtle in the office. I don't want the boss to think they portray the 'wrong image' and tell me I can't wear them. I need something that goes with black pants and a collared shirt.

Outside the office I don't care that much. I even wear the bright red sprints.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast