Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is lard good or bad?

Shop Now
    I get mine from my local butcher. And you can always make your own if your butcher sells / gives you some pork fat. Or beef fat to make beef drippings.

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    I do believe that there is vitamin D in lard - but NutritionData gives none as the amount! I think they are wrong on several things however - so I'll keewp eating my lard, chicken fat, duck fat and meat drippings!
    I think D3 in these amounts can be found in pork fat only. Pigs synthesise Vitamin D the same way the humans do, through skin and store it in their fat.

If it is from a farmer it is probably good. If it is from a factory then probably not.

Lard is good. Deliciously, wonderfully good.
    Lean, Mean, Virile Machine
    The Modern Man's Guide to Health, Fitness, and Wellness

Quote Originally Posted by jarnapal View Post
    I think D3 in these amounts can be found in pork fat only. Pigs synthesise Vitamin D the same way the humans do, through skin and store it in their fat.
    All animals do.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Shop Now
    DO NOT buy conventional lard as it is very bad. It's hydrogenated and comes from unhealthy animals. If you can't find pastured lard, go with grass-fed butter which are available at most supermarkets (kerrygold brand is grass-fed, organic valley has a "pastured" product, see if you can find either).