Thread: What would you do with.... 500g braising steaks , cubed? page

Ast Guest

What would you do with.... 500g braising steaks , cubed?

Primal Fuel
    I've got 500g of organic braising steak in the fridge and thought I'd ask you guys what I should make with it! Any suggestions?

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1559248

This right here is WINNER, but it has beer, so I'm not sure how that effects the primal-ness of it!
    I mean its GOOD.

(need I really mention that you should otherwise primalize the recipe? Its a given, methinks. A delicious given.)
    Last edited by ikaika; 08-27-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    Little Saiyan

Ast Guest
    Thanks, but I really don't like guiness :lol: can you do it without?

I dunno! It was the first time I'd had 'braised' beef of any kind. I didn't make it-- I'm sure you can do something magnificent with it, Guinness or not. If its the beer you don't like, try something else. If its the Guinness, then try a different beer!

-写
    Little Saiyan

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Stifado! I had this in Greece and love making it at home.

Fry the meat in a large pan, in lard. Transfer to an oven proof casserole. Fry about 250 / 300 grams onion until softening, add 2 crushed cloves garlic, add to casserole. Add small tin tomato puree (about 2 tablespoons), sprig rosemary, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, quarter teaspoon ground nutmeg, pepper, wine glass of red wine and a small amount of water - enough to make a thickish sauce that "coats" the meat. Put in moderate oven for 1 hour.

Meanwhile take 12 or so small onions or shallots, fry in oil until coloured and then stir into casserole, with 2 large skinned, chopped tomatoes. Add more water if it looks too dry. Cook a further hour then taste - you may want to add the juice of half a lemon or a couple of teaspoons red wine vinegar if it is a bit cloying, in which case cook 10 more minutes. Both meat and shallots should be tender.

Delicious!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Looking over the recipe for Stifado - - I have missed out salt! I don't use a lot, but with none in their it would taste too bland. So - add salt!

I need to get some braising meat STAT!
    Little Saiyan

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1559248

This right here is WINNER, but it has beer, so I'm not sure how that effects the primal-ness of it!
    I mean its GOOD.

(need I really mention that you should otherwise primalize the recipe? Its a given, methinks. A delicious given.)
    YUM!!! What would you serve that over? Mashed cauliflower? Cauliflower rice? Wide zucchini noodles? Something else?

Oh and I would sub red wine for the beer
    Last edited by erica057; 08-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.