Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A primal journal of unsuperb(ulous-ness!) page 2

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lala, fasted till lunch'ish time. Munched on a few macadamia nuts, blackberries, and meatcake (which was topped with fish oil)

Puttered around work until the farmer's market opened up and swung by there to pick up extra ingrediants for the stuff I plan on making (also had to swing by the store to grab the items I couldn't grab). Walked to and from both places. I tried an AMAZING honey-dew/cantaloupe melon...thing, but did not buy one as I am overloaded with fruit and need to figure out something as I'm not eating it nearly fast enough.

Also decided pick up some nom at the hot-bar at the store. They had a curried apple chicken dish which I loaded up on and topped it off with some artichoke hearts, mixed olives, and a smidge of tomato bruschetta topping stuff.

Came home, putzed about before heading out to work-out (became pissy due to loosing out on super cheap, good-quality furniture at the uni's surplus store, hmph).
    Work-out included warming up to a 3-rep max in the front squat (whiiich, I've never been able to do because my shoulders are not terribly flexible, and I've torn the AC ligaments on both sides playing rugby, ahem). Managed to work up to 100 lbs, could've done more, but I was still feeling miffed.
    Main work-out:
    8 wall-ball shots
    18 Kettlebell sumo-deadlift highpulls (most awkward movement ever...at least with the kettlebell)
    4 rounds for time.
    Time wasn't awesome, still miffed and blah'ish.

Came home, ate last of meatcake (nom) and made up an amazing meat-chili (sans beans) using ground emu and chicken thighs. It shall be amazing with the avocados I purchased earlier in the week (which I need to stop purchasing)

AAAND YAY THIRTY DAY CHALLENGE!! (to start soon) Debating on whether or not I should eat something epicly bad before the 7th o_o like a hot fudge sundae, oh man, amazing.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I like random ramblings. Keep it up. and dont eat the sundae!

Yay! I'm glad you like random ramblings! And I didn't eat the sundae (very tempted and invisioned it all morning, but ended up with an iced Americano instead)

My body feels as though it was run over by something fairly large and heavy, oie. Definitely feeling yesterday's workout, especially as I was trying to ensure my depth was decent in the squat. The hips don't lie today. Aaand, front squats do not make torn AC joints feel good, no bueno. The leg death also did not help with my work schedule today. I have the good fortune to go out to blueberry fields once a week and plod through them, collecting fruit and insect traps. Usually, it's pretty enjoyable. I throw in some sprints, here and there, keeps things exciting (and it's kind of fun to watch the berries explode out in front of you, ahem). But today I was without Minion, and so while the first hour was enjoyable, uh, it definitely was not by the fourth hour. I have no idea how much I walked/sprinted, just that it was a lot.

Food-wise, not too bad:
    B: Egg scramble with chaaard and garlic; coffee with HWC
    L: Copious amounts of macadamia nuts to try to distract from sundae, meat-chili with avocado, and a couple of blackberries
    S: Iced Americano with cream (but since it was from Dutch Bra's, uh, it was more like cream with an essence of coffee, but better than the fudge sundae I was jonesin' for)
    Dinner'ish: Can of tuna mixed with some mustard, green olives, garlic, and coconut oil... and more macadamia nuts.

AND I WANT CHOCOLATE SO BAD RIGHT NOW. Or gelato. Poop. And I'll likely have a second dinner as my sister is in town and wants to go out to eat after she works out with The Partner. I'm hoping the pub will have a decent special that'll be primal'ish, because they've slowly started contaminating their goodies with gluten and one night, I nearly cried when I had a dry turkey burger with a plain salad, no lie.

Aaand, I wanted to get on a soap-box in regards to the recent post on Local food and how it became Local vs. Organic, but now I feel lazy (but suffice to say organic does not equal no-spray aaand therefore could be argued not all that much healthier than conventional. local allows you to find out that shiznit, the end)

Second dinner was possibly slightly unsatisfactory <_< I got the "Brewer's Board" which, this month, consisted of chicken sausage, gorgonzola cheese, pickled onions, apple compote with merlot soaked cranberries and a huge loaf of bread. I passed the bread onto my sissie <_< There may have been two margaritas...which were dreadfully sweet. and I might've sampled a couple of sweet potato fries.
    And then the alcohol lowered my inhibition
    and
    i
    plunged
    for
    the
    gelato D: (it was tasty goodness, oh goodness)

Now I'm chugging water like a fiend and looking forward to tomorrow morning and hopefully, not so bloated tum.

bedouin is offline Member
    im digging the posts, keep em up!

PrimalTerp is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your message-I hope you are able to expose your mom to PB by using my videos. I really appreciate it.

Maybe just show her the vid-"Oh wow look mom!" not even considering the content?

Good luck with that!

I plan to come back and read your journal when I have a bit more time-Take care have a great weekend!

Primal Terp

Unfortunately, my mother strives to read between the lines (even when they are not there). So it'd become "YOU THINK I'M FAAAAT?!?!?" :/ But I'll think of a way!

Ugh, carb-hangover. Yesterday was brought to you by the letter C, for chocolate, copious amounts of chocolate and maybe some ice cream for good measure. That's all that can be really said about yesterday. And everytime, I don't understand why I do it as, almost instantaneously, I feel like crap (I'm terrible at moderation so it's all the way). Even after my workout and feeling so awful because I was all hyped up on sugar, I still managed to go back for more. Blarghle, I think part of me is trying to get "celebrations" out of the way before next week as I'm moving (!!!) and won't be able to properly celebrate (okay, I think I'm splurging for one hard-cider, but that's it, got a thirty-day challenge to consider).

Yesterday's WOD:
    15 weighted back extensions (25 lbs) for four rounds
    followed by:
    15 box jumps
    15 GHD sit-ups,
    also for four rounds.

Yeah, I nearly puked. But I'm getting super fast at the GHD sit-ups.

Today is off to a good start: Brekkie was an egg scramble, and I'll be getting my Saturday Americano from my favoritest coffee shop before hitting up the farmer's market.

And a reflection on IFing: I've noticed that it helps in stabalizing my weight, particularly when I have my crazy sugar binge days. Also, it keeps me from overindulging if I do cave into the sugar craving. However, if I am able to find a suitable substitute (like Thai bbq chicken, nom) then the cravings go away and crisis is avoided. Problem is ensuring that I have something at all times, which right now, is difficult as I'm packing and haven't had time to make food. Ah well, it's my weekend (even though I still have to go into work), time to be productive!

bedouin is offline Member
    ive noticed less crazy binges on high cocoa (85% +) chocolate... its not less nomish, just more satisfying. i say bin your milk chocolate and stock up on the lindt 85%

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast