Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to find glass jugs or bottles? page

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I've been making my own drink concoction from a mixture of coconut vinegar, pomegranate juice, and water. Particularly because of the vinegar I do NOT want to have this in a plastic bottle.

I'd like to find a big, 64oz bottle to put it in, but even at Whole Foods Market, I can't find anything bigger than 32oz. (I had to buy a couple bottles of strawberry lemonade just to get the bottles!) Everything they sold in 64oz size was in a plastic bottle.

Any suggestions? I'd be happy to buy either an empty bottle or some liquid product which can be emptied and used for my drink. I need a screw on cap, too.

I can't believe how difficult it is to find a glass bottle! Plastic is everywhere!

Catalina is offline Member

This one looks good enough for a good 'ol jug band:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index...ROD&ProdID=239

What a coincidence, I bookmarked that same one!

But paying to have an empty bottle shipped to me is a last resort. I figure I should be able to find one in a store already filled with something for the same price. (Hey, I'm a cheapskate; what can I say.)

I just remembered that there's a BevMo (Beverages & More) next door to Trader Joe's; I'll have to remember to check them out next time I go. Surely they must sell SOMETHING in a 64oz glass jug. (Cheap wine? Prune juice?)

Helen Guest

What about those large glass bottles that apple cider comes in? I think I saw them at Whole Foods!

grandma is offline Member

I've had the same problem.. I have found some at Ikea and Christmas tree shop. Very few things in the super market come in glass. Maybe 40oz malt liquor?

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Nope, I looked at our Whole Foods, and all the 64oz juices were in plastic! Seems hard to believe, huh?

Nick Guest

We have a dairy that whose milk is in all the grocery stores (including WF) that packages in 1/2 gallon glass bottles (that you can return for a refund, or not). Have you tried that?

Agnieszka Guest

There is an Italian apple juice sold at conventional grocery stores that comes in glass bottles. It's Martinelli.

Nick, I am totally amazed that the health food stores around here don't have any milk in glass containers. (I checked the dairy case at WF.) EVERYONE has either plastic or that waxed cardboard. It's insane! I thought that the freak-out about plastic had gone mainstream.

You're right, Agnieszka, I know the Martinelli's containers you're talking about. But at this time of year, the stores seem to only carry the smaller bottles.

One of these days I'll find something...in the meantime, I'm making do with my two 32-oz containers, even though they hog up too much refrigerator space.

acerbic37 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

You might try a store that carries materials for home-brewing and winemaking. I know larger size jugs (carboys) are available at most of them, but I don't know about the smaller ones. It might be worth checking one out, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast