Thread: Nut Allergies page

quotidianlight is offline Junior Member

Nut Allergies

Primal Fuel
    I have sever tree nut allergies to most nuts and mild allergies to the rest including coconut. Are there any non-nut flour alternatives available for occasional sauce thickening or paleo pancakes or crackers. I don't crave it often but my son has ADD and my daughter really loves pancakes. I could probably make them with almond flour and just not eat then, but the more I expose myself the worse my allergies will get even if it's just breathing in the dust.
    Last edited by quotidianlight; 08-26-2010 at 06:48 PM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hmmm... Maybe pulverized dried squash? One of the sweeter/ milder ones? I don't know how it would act, but if I had to guess, it'd absorb liquid fairly well andact similar to coconut flour.
    For sauce thickening, several people here on the boards use arrowroot starch or pureed veggies/ meat. I generally just cook mine down or add a dusting of the pre-grated parmesan (the stuff you shake out of the tube).
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

quotidianlight is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you! I found sweet potato flour online. That was a very good suggestion. I'm very curious if anyone has used it. I've been mainly doing reductions but wonder if you can make a rue out of a squash or seed flour. hmm...