Thread: Coconut Oil - Definitive Answers? page

JustinKN is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Ever since turning primal coconut oil has been a consistent part of my diet, but I just came across a quote on this site that otherwise seems to be spot on in their information:

http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/id84.htm#q__i_was_surprised_to_find_out

Does anyone have any insight to this topic and whether or not this man's opinion is valid?

Thanks,

Justin

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I notice that he makes absolutely no mention of or distinction between medium chain fatty acids and long chain fatty acids, which is a huge benefit of coconut oil. (Being a MCFA, that is.)

Check out the information on coconut oil at tropicaltraditions.com.

It will tell you all you ever wanted to know (and then some!) about coconut oil and its production.

By the way, I've used two brands of coconut oil: Spectrum and Tropical Traditions gold label. If you don't really like coconut flavor, Spectrum is much milder. But if you like coconut flavor and odor, Tropical Traditions brand makes your kitchen smell like paradise.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I think the Weston Price Foundation has the bible on coconut oils and other lipids. Nothing to sell, either.

I just think the guy is wrong for a number of reasons, but hey, that's just me.