Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you favourite Primal Blueprint Cookbook recipes? page

Ast Guest

What are you favourite Primal Blueprint Cookbook recipes?

Primal Fuel
    I'm not really into lavish food, prefer simple, filling food with a bit of taste so not too bland - hence wondered if this book is suitable, or is it aimed more at the foodie types, who like elaborate dishes?

What are your favourite dishes from this book - and have any become firm favourites that you tend to do quite a bit? And would you recommend this for us Brits? (availability of ingredients etc)

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I love the walnut brownies, maybe a little too much. No one else in my house will eat them, so if I bake a batch, I can't let them go to waste.

The Moroccan chicken is excellent, and my entire family liked it.

Ast Guest
    Thanks John - I like Moroccan food so I'll be sure to give that one a try if/when I get the book.

Edit: Just ordered it so will hopefully be able to add my own to this thread at some point!
    Last edited by Ast; 08-27-2010 at 01:07 PM.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I must say that my absolute favourite recipe is the heirloom tomato gazpacho posted on MDA which for some mysterious reason is not in the cookbook!

The blackberry marinade is awesome.

KG
    KG is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I made my very first 'proper' meal with the Coconut Curry. It turned out brilliantly, even though I did perhaps overdo the coconut milk a little bit. I loved it!

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Hands down the salted whole fish. Friggin' awsome
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

rozska is offline Senior Member
    I just tried the kale with cream. It was the first time I'd tried cooking kale. I didn't cook it long enough -- or some of it. Some of it was amazing and sweet -- other parts were stringy and harsh. So be sure to cook your kale long enough! I also added two pieces of bacon to it. Quite yummy.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

davidtx is offline Member
    Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Sauce. At least so far, I'm still working my way through the book.

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the creamed kale! I love egg dishes; they are cheap, quick & easy! so I also loved the chard frittata & I made the zucchini egg bake the other night. Leftovers from both are good for lunch the next day. I also made the steak & kidney stew with bison meat & kidney. coconut milk ice cream, mmmmm. for me recipes are a "jumping off" point - I'm always modifying for personal tast &/or ingredient availability. Oh & the tamari hard-boiled eggs are yummy too!
    I think this is a great cook book with versatile recipes for all occasions!

AnthonyU is offline Member
    I tried the primal ketchup recipe last night and I'd have to say it come out ok for a first try. Maybe for my taste anyway, next time I'll try a little less cider vinegar, a tad more honey (used a little over 2 tbsps, and a little more black pepper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast