Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creamed Coconut? page

Piscator is offline Senior Member

Creamed Coconut?

Shop Now
    Has anybody had this stuff?! It's unbelievably good! I think one box could carry you for an entire day's food supply. And it's good, did I mention that?

http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Do-Organi.../dp/B00113ZZ5U

tooround is offline Senior Member
    Love it!

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I just switched from coconut milk to creamed coconut: great flavor!
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    One of my staples. Mine cost 0.27 from tesco. People pay loads for coconut butter when this is the same. It even has a layer of precious oil which you can separate and use for frying.

I use mine to make cheap coconut milk and cream, as a cheese alternative, in desserts, curry sauces, in smoothies, and the best is using instead of your regular coconut flour.... blend it with eggs to make a batter and it comes out soft and spongy when you fry pancakes or bread alternatives
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstareddy View Post
    One of my staples. Mine cost 0.27 from tesco. People pay loads for coconut butter when this is the same. It even has a layer of precious oil which you can separate and use for frying.

I use mine to make cheap coconut milk and cream, as a cheese alternative, in desserts, curry sauces, in smoothies, and the best is using instead of your regular coconut flour.... blend it with eggs to make a batter and it comes out soft and spongy when you fry pancakes or bread alternatives
    Wait, you use the oil separately? I assumed it was supposed to be mixed back in! So you just eat the coconut and dump the oil out to fry/saute in? That's a fantastic idea...

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how you could possibly cook with it! It goes straight into my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Wait, you use the oil separately? I assumed it was supposed to be mixed back in! So you just eat the coconut and dump the oil out to fry/saute in? That's a fantastic idea...
    Theres no right or wrong, but oil on its own is so expensive!

The creamed coconut that I recently bought is in a box, and the instructions state to add water.

Questions: 1) is this the same as what you're talking about above? 2) If so; then does adding the water make this into a gelatin-like material or a paste or what exactly?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1) yer they do recomend adding boiling water to turn it into coconut milk/cream but this is just their guideline. The more water you add the more it goes from cream/paste to milk. I like to make a really thick cream as it keeps longer in the fridge, and you can always add more water later.

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks Eddy. Just so I'm clear: you have to add some water to get it to a cream, correct? Or do you not need any water at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast