Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Primal Journal - Owly page 25

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Boy howdy canio, I fear your demise is coming rather soon.

Let it be known to all the females whom shall read the previous post, let not your hearts be hardened toward this man for he only speaks the truth and the truth, my dear ladies, shall set you free.

If your hearts must be hardened, take him swiftly and with mercy. He shall be a martyr for us...Saint Canio he is!
    Hi caveman! Uh-oh... Ummm, "truth"??

I would be in a position to really pitch a fit - I have had too many dumbass males in my life tell me all sorts of ignorant shit, starting from awful comments about being "on the rag" every time I showed any kind of strong emotion, menstruating or not, being told I am refused participation in family swim outings (for a real example) because I would bleed all over the place, right up to that oldie-but-goodie: it is all in my head. The day that crapola ended was the day I passed out cold in the checkout line at the grocery store, sheet-white, cold-skinned, and thoroughly unconscious, in front of one of the worst of the before-mentioned ignorant-ass males, literally while attempting to pay for a box of Tampax. Huh.

I do not need anyone to kiss my overly-sensitive posterior - just take me seriously when I tell you I am really out of joint for a day. The fact that it can be generally predicted on the calendar, or is shared by females everywhere, doesn't magically make it any easier.

Sigh. Now can we all go somewhere together for a steak?
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 01-24-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Dang lady, canio's post has "stfu" and "act civil" and he's cool. I make a joke and I get the fury of a woman scorned?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Hi Owly!

You know, I was just thinking of this topic in broad cultural strokes, and at my advanced age of 45, I am beginning to think that this culture of mine does a really crappy job of handling cycles and initiations of all kinds, male and female, and particularly the relationship between the genders when it comes to stuff like this.

If I come up with a better way, I will let all of womankind know. Hell, all of womankind AND mankind.

Are you feeling better??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Dang lady, canio's post has "stfu" and "act civil" and he's cool. I make a joke and I get the fury of a woman scorned?
    But I DID invite you out for a steak - peek a little closer... right there at the very end...

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi canio! We are good, I am not taking it as any slight. I like you so much that I think you would have to actively chase me down here on the MDA and engage in some old-fashioned bullying to get me not to like you!
    Nah, not my style. Anyway, I trust you to smack me upside the virtual head if I even hint at going there. Thanks for the reply. Much of what you say makes sense, but then again it always does.

canio6 Guest
    I love you man. Thanks for being the scorn magnet

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Are you feeling better??
    Yes, are you? We're missing you around here. As for better understanding and all, this is why I ask dumb questions from the safety of the internet. I really do want to try to 'get it' more fully.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I vanish for a few weeks and my journal is full of people!

I'm fine, just swamped. I'm working full time at the awesome analyst job and also teaching two sections of a class at a local university, so I've been trying to keep up with that and with my daily life with my partner and still get sleep. I still like you guys; I'm just out living life in the real world a lot right now.

I'm also still eating primal, but I've started a year-long program that I'm hoping will take me from good to amazing in terms of body fat percentage and fitness (the Lean Eating program through Precision Nutrition). So I will keep on with eating good primal food, but I'm hoping the tweaking will bring about some killer new results. With the transition from grad school to busy professional, I feel like I want the extra support while I do this. I'll let you all know how it goes!

And no, I didn't have to bury any bodies in the back yard. Good to know the caveman has my back if I ever need it, though.

As for the Shark Week debate, I think it's a balance of responsibility. I'm responsible for going away into my cave if I am a cranky beast, and he is responsible for being sensitive to the fact that I'm a bit wonky and need more space and careful handling. Like most things in a relationship, there's a middle ground.

Mmmm...steak.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not that these are foods I eat, but holy crap, the discrepancy here is scary:

“If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425