Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Owly page 20

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Wow, that's some of the trashiest commercials I've ever seen.
    Yeah. Thankfully, we don't have them here. I think I'd have to go get myself kicked out if there was one in town.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I wish you much luck, though to be fair, her arms are not the first part of Jessica Biel I notice. Damn, just damn. BTW I have never read so many links with the word 'feminist' in them in my life. I am sure this is ruining my imaginary street cred.
    I'm a bad influence.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

So I was curious, for the fruit-phobes among us, just how much fruit can one eat while still staying within the 150g guidelines? I eat a lot of fruit and so far today have eaten a banana, a pomegranate, a mandarin orange, and a tomato. I decided to go plug that into Fitday and see what it came up with. With all that fruit, plus the other foods I've eaten today, including a little bit of marzipan even, I'm at 90g of carbs. That's not net carbs, that's all of them.

I'm also at 1472 calories, 99g of protein, 83g of fat, 90g of carbs. In terms of percentage of caloric intake, that's 50% fat, 28% protein, 23% carbs.

And that's just after lunch time. I expect that by tonight the carb and protein percentages will be closer to 30%. There will be potatoes and meat for dinner

So for those who think that severe caloric restriction is necessary, that one must fear all fruit because it will make one pack on the pounds, that eating both carbs and fat will be a death sentence, or that protein is now the danger macronutrient for weight gain, well, that does not reflect my experience. The intake above isn't particularly unusual for me, and I still have yet to eat dinner. I am not some beast that works out three hours a day, either. I lift heavy three times a week, and in between that I might do some tabatas or go for a walk or whatever. But it would average out to an hour a day at most, frequently less.

The truth for me is that if I mostly eat real food, get regular but not extreme amounts of exercise, and sleep enough, maintaining body fat levels has become fairly effortless. I am healthier and fitter than ever.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat another orange.

Owly's Journal

Oh man, I ate So. Much. Food. last night at my work Christmas dinner. A smoked goat cheese, walnut, and apple dip thing with gluten-free bread; pork cooked in milk served over seasonal dark greens with a pickled carrot and red onion salad; and creme brulee with cambozola and sour cherries for dessert. All gluten-free, almost entirely local and organic, but not really primal compliant (my entree was, but the GF bread and the creme brulee definitely were outside the bounds). It was delicious.

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Oh man, I ate So. Much. Food. last night at my work Christmas dinner. A smoked goat cheese, walnut, and apple dip thing with gluten-free bread; pork cooked in milk served over seasonal dark greens with a pickled carrot and red onion salad; and creme brulee with cambozola and sour cherries for dessert. All gluten-free, almost entirely local and organic, but not really primal compliant (my entree was, but the GF bread and the creme brulee definitely were outside the bounds). It was delicious.
    Sounds like a nice way to use your 20%...

canio6 Guest
    I blame the fruit

Seriously though, sounds like a good time.

Yeah, that's the kind of meal the 20% is meant for--something special and memorable with good company. And seriously, I think the meal was probably 80% primal anyhow. I didn't even have wine!

But yeah, must have been the fruit. Otherwise I bet I totally would have had a salad with a side of lard.

Owly's Journal

canio6 Guest
    But yeah, must have been the fruit. Otherwise I bet I totally would have had a salad with a side of lard.

I'm glad you are realizing the error of your ways. Though it is nothing 2 weeks of a potatoes only diet won't fix.

But they still won't tell FW where to get the Super Sekrit Taters! How am I supposed to find them?

Owly's Journal

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But they still won't tell FW where to get the Super Sekrit Taters! How am I supposed to find them?
    Female intuition?

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast