Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Owly page 10

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Down another pound to 154. I think the running lately has been helping in leaning out, not because I'm "working off calories" but because my body is putting more energy into recovery and repair, and I've always found that running seems to bump up my metabolism a bit. I'm seeing a little more definition emerging, and my partner commented yesterday that I have more definition in my stomach, not anywhere near a six-pack, but the sides of my abs are becoming clearer and a bit of the horizontal is starting to show near the top. I've also noticed a reduction in the excess fat around the tops of my thighs, which is awesome because I find that tends to be an issue for me in getting pants that fit (and that's hard enough for me already!).

I'm much leaner on top, and I can definitely see muscle in my upper back, lats, and pecs as well as some real improvements in my shoulders. It's kind of cool. I've always thought muscular backs were sexy. This all makes me want to wear tops that show off my hard work.

Now I just need permanent full-time work so I can add to my wardrobe.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Because I posted a current pic elsewhere and figure it should probably go here:

Pre-primal, probably the heaviest I've ever been in my life, about 190 lbs.

About 4 months into doing primal and Crossfit. About 175 lbs.

That's me now, after a couple of years of primal. Last weigh-in, 153 lbs.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Saw you on before and after thread and had to tell you that you're smoking freaking hot. Well done.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    I also saw you in the success pics thread. Then I read your journal. You are definitely motivating, and when you are ready, submit your success story !!! The food pics look amazing, I'm inspired. Also, I cheered when I read you accomplished your pullups.

Mommymd

Aw, thanks! I'm actually astonished when I see photos. When I look in the mirror, it's hard for me to see the changes from the larger me. I still see a chubby girl--even as a skinny teen that's all I saw. Photos help me see myself more realistically.

Owly's Journal

So I was thinking today that I am really lucky that I didn't totally ruin my metabolism with all the weight cycling over the years. Considering that I've ranged up and down about a 40-pound variation, I'm astonished that I don't have some metabolic issues. But I seem to be quite carb tolerant and have no thyroid issues or anything. As long as I stay away from added sugar and keep active, I am fine with fruit, potatoes, and even white rice. I have to be careful of the celiac thing, obviously, and I'm conscious of what oils I'm taking in, but it's become remarkably easy to continue to lean out. I thought the last bit would be the hardest, but it's not. Maybe if I wanted to push it down to 15% bodyfat that would be different, but settling somewhere around 18-20% seems to be coming naturally.

But dammit, I need new clothes. I've been able to wear some stuff into the loose-but-still-reasonable range, but now most of my cardigans and such just look sloppy. Hoping to get good job news soon.

Owly's Journal

This is what I did this past weekend!

Burgess Shale (Walcott Quarry) | Burgess Shale Geoscience Foundation

So awesome. Hiking and fossils, best nerd-cation ever.

Owly's Journal

Oh, also, I am down to 151 pounds. And still happily eating potatoes, sometimes a couple of times a day.

Owly's Journal

150. That is all.

Owly's Journal

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^ Like

mommymd

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast