Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Organ Meats Do You Love? page 2

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love beef heart. I cut it into cubes and make kebabs (kinda like anticuchos) with a cumin-chipotle marinade. I've also tried beef liver, which I like, especially with onions and bacon, but not as much just on its own. Plus, I find I can't eat that much liver at one sitting, so I have to make the rest of the meal bigger. My non-primal husband (VERY non-primal -- he makes homemade bread every weekend) came from a family of hunters, so he's been the one getting me into more organ meats. I also like chicken liver pate, with lots of butter.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Heart!!!! <3
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Lean Body is offline Member
    I love liver! Bite size pieces stir-fried with chunks of bacon and onions, seasoned with a dash of Lea & Perrins - my mom gave me the recipe, it tastes great that way.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Heart, tongue, marrow, neck. I have tried brains and couldn't get them to cook right. I think I always end up over cooking liver but I force myself to eat it. I am not a fan of kidneys. I want to try sweet bread if I can get it.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Oh!!!
    I forgot to say, "marrow". This is one of my favorite things in the whole world, but I have found that it grosses most people out.
    (Maybe that's another reason to like it.)

I like to get a goat leg from the butcher for special occasions, and I get them to slice it cross-ways about 5/8" thick. Throw it in the slow-cooker with spices and stuff, cook all day---then you have all that awesome meat for recipes (and the cook gets the marrow!).
    Marrow is Primal crack.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love kidneys - sliced, cooked with onions and flavoured with carraway seeds and smoked paprika, sour cream stirred in to make a sauce and served. Like a kidney stroganoff. My favourite. Lamb's liver of course - delicious fried in butter and sage. I have eaten and enjoyed sweetbreads, though I've yet to cook them. Tongue is nice but again I've yet to cook one..

Home made pate contains lots of liver and is delicious - as is chicken liver pate. And all so nutritious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12