Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian Myth page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Vegetarian Myth

I am in the middle of reading this book. It is very interesting and I have learned A LOT. I just want to know for those of you who have read it... what are your thoughts overall?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Bad writing, on par with a teenage girl's diary.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by say_rahhh View Post
    Bad writing, on par with a teenage girl's diary.
    I thought the first part was fine. But the ending nutrition part, I have to agree with you. Almost seemed like two different authors to me. Or she got plum tired of research and finished off with a bunch of anecdotal ranting.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    I thought the first part was fine. But the ending nutrition part, I have to agree with you. Almost seemed like two different authors to me. Or she got plum tired of research and finished off with a bunch of anecdotal ranting.
    Funny because I hated the first part the worst. I thought the nutrition part saved it.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I liked it, but my social circle contains a lot of veg*ans, and I could see many of my friends being where she is a few years down the road. I am going to pass it on to my vegetarian brother. He's an eco veggie, so I think it will speak to him.
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I read the first couple of chapters and sort of lost interest. It was interesting tho, especially the parts about how unsustainable and dangerous growing annual ceral grains is. If I were more inclined to argue with vegetarians I would finish it, but Ive already converted six veggies with my cooking, no debate required.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    Ive already converted six veggies with my cooking, no debate required.
    That's awesome - great job! I guess I will have to learn how to cook awesome meals.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

polyclef is offline Member
    I just started reading it yesterday, haven't gotten very far yet. I will let you know
    So remember, Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Blog - Size of the Fight...

Zo
    Zo is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was a great book. No, she isn't the best writer and some of her arguments seemed weird (like the one about when you take a fruit of a tree, you are stealing the plant's children). However, I learned a lot about permaculture and the destructive nature of non-perennial agriculture, which were two topics I knew nothing about.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think its a great book, and whilst her writing style varies its actually well written because it combines both well backed up factual information with a personal and descriptive perspective. Some parts may not be everyones cup of tea, but its to the point, but and they need to open their mind to different ways of thinking. It tackles the issues from different angles and enlightens you to the most fundamental problems in society rather than just what's making people ill.

If everyone read this book the world would be a better place.

Just my opinion
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast