Thread: Primal Challenge: not what was expected. page

Luke Guest

Primal Fuel

I entered the PC expecting little, but hoping that I would find myself healthy and better off than I began. The criteria I decided to use was getting my weight up to 200lbs (something that I have never been at) and having an optimal blood pressure and pulse. The first week I have experienced the constant hunger, which others have mentioned they experienced so I didn't feel that bad. What worries me is that my blood pressure and pulse have risen and my weight has gone down six pounds. Is anyone else experiencing effects that are completly opposite of what they were expecting?

primalmom is offline Member

Hey Luke .. why don't you post a sample of your daily food intake and activity ? It would be easier to see if there is something out of whack there ... for me, I was kinda hoping to drop a few LBS ... instead, I have gained, yuck, but I think that is "user error" LOL !!

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Luke Guest

Typical meals over the past week

B 2-4 eggs prepared in boiled, fried, or omelet, then bowl of grapes

L Two chicken breast, or baked fish fillets, salad, 2-3 pieces of fruit (peach, plum, or pear)

D Chicken or steak, salad, two fruits (same as above)

S one 12 oz of coffee, handful of cashews, peach, or pear

WO is a crossfit 3 on 1 off routine. Ocassionally long distance runs or walks.

I figure a quick meal of pasta would get back the weight I was more concerned about the BP/Pusle. I'm not even sure if I'm just concerned too much about a number.

primalmom is offline Member

well, I am sure some others who know more and have been at it longer will chime in ...but ...

not knowing your height or weight or age .... it's a little hard ... HOWEVER, assuming you are a guy (LOL) since you are looking to GAIN ... Dude, that is seriously a LOT of fruit and not much fat .... you would need waaay more fat ... like ... butter ... coconut oil ... bacon ... ya know ??? What about some more veggies instead of the fruit ???

I am just thinking that you aren't eating enough calories to gain weight ... I am also wondering if the fruit is affecting your BP in some way - lots of fruit can cause triglycerides to go up, I believe, and all the carbs might affect your BP ....

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Kryz is offline Junior Member

I second the too-much-fruit point. That's a lot of sugar for your body to deal with. You're also not consuming that many calories, not enough fat, etc. Try tracking your calorie and fat/protein/carb intake for a day and post it on here so we can provide better help.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

It's probably some water weight as well.... what was your diet like before?

PattySt Guest

Typically when you ditch the grains you lose water weight. I also think too much fruit, not enough veggies or fats. Have a BIG handfull of nuts with every meal. The CrossFit guys swear by whole milk to gain weight. Good luck!