Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parasites and Antibiotics..help page 2

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Whew, didnt have internet for a few days. This is such a friendly forum, thanks for the tips!

I took a look at the doctor's prescription, and the bloke's given me Flagyl to take for 10 days.

PJAP: Thanks for the consolation! Since Im just experiencing mild digestive and abdominal discomfort, I think I will wait a few days and then take it. And I definately will feel less guilty doing so now, gracias to you.

OntheBayou: Thanks for the tip, I wish I had talked to you before. But Im going to Ghana next year and Im definitely taking Humatin with me then. Local water in Egypt? Very Brave, even with drugs.

TT: The recipes sound so great! Im going to try it with store-bought stuff, but since its ridiculously pricey, Ill try and find some culture too. I went to Ecuador on a med trip, so we spent a lot of time in Quito too, for hospital work. I went for a month last year. We also went around rural and mountain areas-mindo (amazon river), manta and salinas (beach). Ive never been to a National Park there though, I just looked up Yasuni Park it looks awesome.

At least you CANT take antibiotics with your allergies. I have family members who have been prescribed anti's for every condition under the sun- talk about overkill.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Skater: Sounds awesome. What organization did you go through for the med trip? I am looking for EXACTLY that! Im premed ( BS bio, MS in bio focused on micro) and I want to take a med trip back to SA and use my spanish skills! You must tell me!

Good luck with everything, and if you do take the Flagyl, you can use the same measures (Primal, probiotics, kefir) to rebuild everything in a couple weeks. Keep me updated!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Helen Guest

I was just listening to this Dish Network show, called Your Health With Dr. Becker. The whole topic of today's show was probiotics. Dr. Becker said that if you are on antibiotics and taking probiotics at the same time, space them apart. Take your antibiotic and wait 6 hours and then take the probiotic. Hope this helps!

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

I wouldnt have thought of doing that...Thanks Helen, thats a great tip!

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    What was the parasite ? A protozoa infection isn't treated the same way as a tapeworm. I found this website you might find useful:

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/hygiene.html
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Antibiotic...ans&id=3759180

lifewithjades is offline Senior Member
    Hola,

I moved to Mexico in January and had some parasite trouble myself. I went to my medical doctor in the States and if you already have a parasite, antibiotics are probably a good idea.

In addition, you can do a parasite cleanse, I'm currently doing the ParaCleanse which I am liking quite a bit. My doctor suggested that I actually do it again afterwards.....................

And- probiotics, probiotics, probiotics after the antibiotics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suki is offline Senior Member
    It's not all that uncommon. Are you symptomatic? I'd fast if I had upset stomach or nausea though I'd be at the doc's in a New York minute if there was any anal itching...

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Antibiotics have their place. However,since the '40s, when antibiotics from pharmaceutical companies replaced the natural substances used---garlic, quinine--we have filled human kind with many maladies. Use of antibiotics leads to our bodies becoming infested with fungus. Allopathic medicine tends to ignore fungus because elimination of systemic fungal infestations tends to eliminate many diseases and no drugs are sold. It isn't the doctor's fault. They attend schools funded by pharmaceutical companies, and learn very little mycology.

My humble recommendation would be to avoid the drugs and first try natural, healthful means. Get to a herb shop and try a tea from chinchona bark, goldenseal(discuss with a physician--improper use can be dangerous--no more so than drugs though), for amoebas use ipecac or elecampane tea (common in USA). Also try papaya. Ayurvedic practitioners use cubeb---like black pepper, just add to food.

I would work with a physician,even if using non-pharmaceutical means, because intestinal parasites are a serious threat.

Incidentally, none of the herbs I listed come anywhere near the drug of choice for parasites--metronidazole--when considering side effects. Metronidazole could cause peripheral neuropathy, and seizures.

This is all based on experience for me. I was treated heavily with antibiotics and the result was deafness and peripheral neuropathy. I have little feeling in the little finger and ring finger of each hand.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Check out diatomaceous earth (permaguard brand). Widely purported to eliminate parasites from the digestive tract via mechanical means. If you google this product you'll find lots of folks talking about how it got rid of parasites. It's cheap, and I don't think it can harm you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12