Thread: Roasted cauliflower - think I got it page

TigerJ is offline Senior Member

Roasted cauliflower - think I got it

Shop Now
    I love the nutty taste of roasted cauli. Sometimes use olive oil, sometimes coconut and then add curry powder. Today I decided to parboil the flowerets for just 1-2 minutes and then roast. The last time I roasted cauliflower, it was well browned but didn't seem thoroughly cooked upon eating. So I decided to try the parboil method which is how I do brussel sprouts. Turned out perfectly! The flowerets disintegrate a bit more, but turn nice and brown using a cast iron pan in a 350' oven, totally tender, delicious. This method works really well on the cauli and brussel sprouts.

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    Just a sprinkle of curry powder? before cooking? this sounds so good and I love using my cast iron skillet in the oven. I will try this over the weekend. Thanks!

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Actually I add the curry powder towards the end after most of the cooking so it doesn't burn. Today the cauli was done, still had plenty of coconut oil in there so just added the powder, stirred it around, put pan back in oven and turned off heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Perfect.

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    Yumm! On the menu for Saturday