Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Mike G) page

Mike_G Guest

Primal Fuel

Primal Challenge (Day 1)

8/10/2009

I just got back from vacation and will now be doing 30 days of paleo with no cheats or alcohol! On top of this I will be doing 6-8 Crossfit and Crossfit Endurance WODs each week.

Yesterday I went shopping and got lots of paleo foods: Tri tip steak, Salmon, Pork Chops, Turkey, Spinach, Broccoli, Asparagus, Apples, Cherries, Kiwis, Pluots, Peaches, Almonds and Pecans.

Today I've been doing a lot of running around so my meals have been quick and easy so far.

B: Sliced turkey, apple, almonds

L: Sliced turkey, banana, almonds and pecans

D: Planning to grill salmon, salad (spinach and apples w/ olive oil dressing)

WOD

5 Rounds of:

10 Power Snatch (95lbs)

20 GHD Situps

30 Double Unders

Time: 23:08

Overall

Those stupid double unders killed my time...Im just not good at them! Time to practice them every day. But Im feeling good about starting paleo and making some big changes in my lifestyle!

Mike_G Guest

Dinner: Tri tip steak, green and red peppers and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil. YUM!

Mike_G Guest

Day 1 Stats:

6'4", 225lbs, 18% Bodyfat

Goals

6'4", 210lbs (not too concerned with weight), Under 10% Bodyfat

Mike_G Guest

Tuesday 8/11/2009

Food

B: Eggs scrambled with chicken, spinach, mushrooms

L: Chicken, spinach, peppers, onions, mushroms, olive oil/lemon juice dressing

D: Salmon w/ Mango Salsa and a Spinach salad with tomato, onion, almonds and olive oil/lemon juice dressing

S: Will prob have some turkey a piece of fruit and some almonds

WOD

Row 500

7 rounds of:

3 Thrusters @ 135lbs

6 CTB Pullups

9 KB Swings 1.5pood

Run 400

Time 17:48

Overall

I ate when I was hungry and stopped when satisfied and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I've already lost the weight I gained while on vacation. During the WOD I thought the Thrusters were going to really suck but it was the CTB pullups that kicked my butt!

JBraun Guest

didn't know when we talked earlier you were already using olive oil/lemon juice for dressing. weird. you're doing great. keep on posting. can't wait to see you progress over the 30 days.

JBraun Guest

slacker!

Mike_G Guest

You told me to go to sleep...and I forgot to update my log!

Wednesday 8/12/2009

Food

B: Scrambled eggs w/ Salmon, onion, spices and a bit of olive oil

L: Turkey, apple, almonds

PWS: Turkey, cashews, pluot

D: Salmon, Salad (spinach, strawberries, kiwi, olive oil and lemon juice dressing)...I wasnt a big fan of this combo. Live and learn.

S: Turkey, banana, almonds

WOD- team workout with partner (Good Job Jaime!!!)

10 dips

4 rounds of:

one person runs 400 m while the other is at top of pushup position. Each person runs 4x. Burpees are a penalty if any body part other than hands or feet hit floor.

1st time

14:38 (I rowed instead of running...didnt take any shoes to the gym)

2nd time w/ Jaime

16:43 (I ran for this one)

Overall

Im feeling good! I had put on about 6-7 pounds on vacation and I have already lost that in just 3-4 days on strict paleo. I've been having some really strong cravings for junk food (peanut butter and jelley sandwich and a big glass of whole milk) but I just try to not think about it too much. I really like paleo a lot better than the zone!!! I dont feel hungry all the time and I've been eating some pretty delicious meals (except that salmon salad). Im looking forward to seeing the progress I can make at the end of 30 days!!!!

JBraun Guest

slacker AGAIN!!!!!

Mike_G Guest

What would I do without you?

Thursday 8/13/2009

Food

B: Eggs, crab, salsa, olive oil

L: Turkey, almonds, banana

S: Eggs, crab, salsa, olive oil

D: Turkey, spinach, onion, olive oil/lemon juice

WOD

AM

Tabata Sprints w/ Ayo

Noon

CF Total

1 rep max for

Squat 315

Press 155

Deadlift 420

Total 890

PM

5 rounds of 3min on 3min off running at the bay

Late Night

Exercise in willpower:

Sit in a house where someone is baking cinnamon/sugar amish bread and not try any! It was extremely tough to not even try one scrap of the delicious looking "crispy parts" leftover. Thanks Jaime for pushing my willpower to its limits. I am happy to report that as much as I wanted to I didnt try any!!!

Overall

My body is feeling pretty wrecked...I guess 5 workouts in 2 days will do that to you?

Mike_G Guest

PrimalCon New York

Friday 8/14/2009

Food

B: Eggs, carne asada, strawberries

L: Turkey, pluot, cashews

D: Veal, onions, peppers and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and garlic.

Overall

Still fighting off urges to eat crappy food. We went out to eat at an Italian restaurant and I stayed as paleo as I could. I didnt eat any bread or pasta or marinara sauce (I didnt know the ingredients to the sauce so I had them hold that).

It was also a rest day so I should be ready to rock tabatas tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast