Thread: One month binge, lasting effects page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

One month binge, lasting effects

Primal Fuel
    Did you see this news story? http://health.usnews.com/health-news...s-tougher.html Scary!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    We're not told what kinds of food the feasters ate, of course. You can be sure it was more bread, sugar, vegetable oils, and all the bad stuff we avoid.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    WOW THERE is soooo much to take i account for this..."a 70 percent jump in daily caloric intake -- mainly from fast food -- amounting to about 5,750 calories ingested per day"

sugar/GMO food/HFCS/PUFA/soy....guarantee they ate crap in general to get in the calories... this would cause innflammation, leptin resistance, cortisol shoot ups, thyroid & adrenal problems, insulin resistance, fatty liver...omg i could go on forever

i can almost GUARANTEE that would be physically limiting and impossible to do with pure priml foods. the excess in fat would cause your body to vomit before you caould eat enough... and repetitively everyday for a month

the weight gain is one thing, but the damage they did to their bodies is most likely irreversible and only 'manageable'....i hope whoever ran this study plans to play the statin, doctors, diabetic bills in the future for these poor people

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    That is a devastating protocol.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    WOW THERE is soooo much to take i account for this..."a 70 percent jump in daily caloric intake -- mainly from fast food -- amounting to about 5,750 calories ingested per day"

sugar/GMO food/HFCS/PUFA/soy....guarantee they ate crap in general to get in the calories... this would cause innflammation, leptin resistance, cortisol shoot ups, thyroid & adrenal problems, insulin resistance, fatty liver...omg i could go on forever

i can almost GUARANTEE that would be physically limiting and impossible to do with pure priml foods. the excess in fat would cause your body to vomit before you caould eat enough... and repetitively everyday for a month

the weight gain is one thing, but the damage they did to their bodies is most likely irreversible and only 'manageable'....i hope whoever ran this study plans to play the statin, doctors, diabetic bills in the future for these poor people
    The study really seems unethical to me. Don't you think that PB could reverse the damage?! It works for very sedentary people who have eaten fast food and other junk for years, although not usually at that level. The researchers should start by buying them a copy of PB and a Primal Leap membership.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    interesting that 2 1/2 years on, the group had put on more weight than 12 months on

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps the body doesn't like low cal and stressful chronic cardio. It senses danger and wants to hold onto that fat.

"Based on this, it can be recommended to avoid very high food-intake that might occur during shorter periods in normal life."

My weightlifting buddies and I would eat far more than 5500 cals a day when bulking and we had no trouble losing fat afterwards when cutting. We did no cardio, just heavy lifting.

Chronic cardio and low calorie diet low fat diet isn't for fat loss it's for muscle loss...a good diet plan, like the primal diet, combined with weight lifting, is for fat loss.