Thread: Anyone successfully primal sans gallbladder? page

Tegan is offline Junior Member

I'm just starting out on my road to a primal lifestyle, my only issue is I'm worried about all that fat. Not because of the "normal" worry reasons that you hear so many people give (heart disease, etc.) but because I no longer have a gallbladder and fat seems to do bad things to me. Anyone missing their gallbladder that used to have issues with eating fat that dont anymore? Any insight to what I'm possibly faceing would be great.

Tarlach is offline Member

I have no gallbladder and eating very strict paleo and lots of fat doesn't bother me at all. I can eat a meal of BBQ pork belly (90% fat when raw) and not have any issues.

I'm sure the reason why I got gallstones was due to not enough fat in my diet in the first place.

I can't tell you if things will change though, as I started eating paleo when my gallbladder came out.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

acerbic37 is offline Junior Member

I had my gallbladder out when I was 16 (I'm 37 now). I'm not having any problems at all with the fat consumption while eating primal.

I've not had a lot of problems over the last 20 years with fat causing me problems (over the years, the only food I had problems with were mushrooms, bananas, hazelnuts, and some weird chemical that sometimes was used on salad bars).

I will say, though, that old (bordering on rancid) fryer grease that some restaurants use (prior to my eating properly) would put me in serious pain.

Licarrit Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I am one of those that had their gallbladder out after coming off a liquid diet. I am also diabetic. I haven't had any trouble in the, going on 3 months now that I have been primal. I still eat dairy -cheese mostly and some kefir, full fat. Interestingly, I developed "fatty liver" after being lacto-ovo veg. for a year and it mysteriously cleared up in the last couple of months.