Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new beginning! page

frostykate is offline Junior Member

Cool A new beginning!

Hi everybody!
    tomorrow I begin living primally...really looking forward to it. I'm all prepared and have plenty of good things in stock, just have to forget about the mountains of junk in the house bought by my dad! (living with parents for a few months while setting up business). Any tips would be most appreciated and i look forward to chatting with you all XX

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    my first tip would be not to wait until tomorrow. go primal right now.

other than that, take things slow, learn everything you can, and--most importantly--have fun

sebzzz is offline Member
    Good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy the food right away. It's the beginning of a journey!

Like primalrob said, don't wait until tomorrow. When I understood the principles behind eating primal, I knew there was no way I would eat anything that could damage my health at that same instant.

If you happen to crave carbs too much and tend to fall off the bandwagon, you could allow yourself a bit of withe rice or potatoes without the skin, but I prefer eliminating them completely.
    Get great paleo diet lifestyle tricks, recipes and cooking tips. My contribution to the paleo movement.

thanks so much guys!
    its primal living from now on. Question...do you allow yourself a coffee in the morning?

almostGrok'd is offline Senior Member
    coffee with full cream milk. No sugar. Yep.
    Just remember that there are no rules that can't be modified to suit YOUR lifestyle.
    You can go as hard core 100% primal as you wish.... or as lenient as you wish. It's up to you to find the best path.
    Either way... there are a great bunch of guys here to support both!!!
    welcome to the primalsphere!!

AnthonyU is offline Member

Cool

Welcome to the new world. You will love it. How can you not love bacon and eggs!! Been here for 26 days and I feel great! Blood sugars back to normal levels, I'm type 2 diabetic. My BP is way down, was 102/58 when I gave blood last week. I feel great. I'm losing weight! Tons more energy. Bunch of great people here to help and answer qwuestions. Yes I have 2 cups of black coffee every morning! So, good luck to you. I found ridding the food pantry of all the junk was a big help. And the wife keeps her carbs at work and out of the house.

Thats so encouraging, feel like i'm part of a big friendly family already! The coffee comments make me very happy as I love to have a coffee and cream every morn, always feels like such a treat. Have just had amazing lunch of fish fried in butter and a big green salad. for the first time in a long time, i don't feel tired after eating, yipee!!!

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, frostykate!

You might try a little coconut milk in your coffee to take place of sugar (if you normally use sugar). You 'may' go through a period where you'll feel sluggish, tired, and/or kinda like the flu. Everyone is different, though. This is an adjustment period and if you do get the 'carb flu' (withdrawal, kind of), it won't last too long. And once you pass that, you'll feel amazing! The folks here ARE very helpful and supportive!

Good luck!

JSWilliams is offline Junior Member
    Hey Frostykate,

I think my only real struggle with changing over to primal involved the loss of my beloved coffee creamer! (I had already worked through most everything else beforehand.) Anyhow, I spent days mulling it over and wondering if I could ever make the break from my beloved coffee mate. LOL It's ridiculous to think that anything could have so much power over us. Anyhow, I do drink coffee, but I took someone's advice and began mixing it with water -one-half coffee and one-half water. I've never looked back. And since I used to drink two full cups, I've also cut my coffee habit in half by one-the rest is water. Best of luck to you!

Red face

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks JS!
    Ya, its really funny the little things that you really depend on. Anyway, i'm sure you much prefer cream to coffee mate now. I'm so hooked on very strong coffee, only need one but it has to be blow your head off coffee, must look at reducing the strength somehow. Thanks just4me for your helpful words. Have had great primal day so far, feel healthier already, yay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast