Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zuchini Pizza Crust page 2

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Tried making it, turned out like a glorified omelet... With readjust and try again. : ) Any tips in making it less liquid-y? I was thinking maybe a cheese cloth to force the water out with... kinda like the (egg)cheese I remember my grandmother making

PattySt Guest

Cheese cloth might work well. You definitly have to work at drying out the zuchini. I actually liked it better as a leftover, heated in a fry pan which dried out the bottom I also cooked the crust a long time (25 min or so) before I put the toppings on.

Sadly it will never be crispy or doughy like real pizza crust!

Peace

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

It seems to come out more the consistancy of lasagna noodles than of pizza dough... perhaps the recipe would be better functioning as a primal alternative to lasagna? I think I'll try that this weekend. Make it on a large tray and slice it into noodle shapes....

Luvbirds is offline Junior Member

Wow!!!! Thank you! I know what I'm having for Dinner!!!

*Live*Love*Laugh*

maba is offline Senior Member

I made this for dinner. Had a tough time stopping me from eating the entire tray. It was delicious. Thanks Patty St!

Luvbirds is offline Junior Member

It was really good! I put fresh tomatoes and basil on top. Delicious!

*Live*Love*Laugh*

mcoz-09 Guest

I added 3 tablespoon of Whey Powder and it was really crisp!

kcbteach is offline Junior Member
    Just wanted to say I made this tonight with some modifications and it was deLICioUS! The crust held well (a cross between thin crust with the softer thick crust consistency). It tasted SOOO good! Just like pizza and smelled like it too! I had gone ahead and tried to dry out the grated zucchini (1/2 finely grated and 1/2 medium grated) in the frying pan yesterday on low then cover it for less than a minute. I also let it sit in the refrigerator until this evening. Before mixing it I wrung again in a paper towel and it was still somewhat wet. I wonder though if my addition of 1/4 c of walnut meal made the difference or all of the above. Anyway, the crust browned quickly (much more so than 2 nights ago when I followed the original recipe). I was afraid it would be yucky because when I finally took it out the edges were VERY dark brown, but oh my! It was delectable! Everything stayed on the "crust" and I could eat it like a slice instead of only being able to use a fork and knife. I am SO adding this to my meal rotations! Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by kcbteach; 05-16-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: clarity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12