Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 20 Minute Fitness Solution page

Clint is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Here's a good blog for people looking for challenging workouts that involve very little to no equipment.

http://fitness-solution.blogspot.com/

kjake55 Guest

Clint-Thanks for the great link!

My Crossfit affiliate will be closed next week (vacation) and I don't have any equipment at home to work out with. This is just what the doctor ordered! :-)

No problem. Glad you can get some use out of it!

mseibel is offline Junior Member

Clint - Great site, thanks.

AndreaC is offline Member

I love that site. I try to do at least 4 of the 6 workouts everyweek.

I stopped going to a lifting group at my gym and started doing the simple bodyweight workouts on the site and I got GUNS!

Girly guns yes, but the best improvement in my arms I've seen with any program (and I had a strength and conditioning coach in college!).

redforevergone Guest

Here is another great place for workout ideas. They seem to cater to all different needs and fitness levels. Some of them require some equipment some don't, but either way it is worth a look at. The guy that runs the gym used to be a strength and conditioning coach for the Los Angeles Clippers.

http://www.monkeybargym.com/full-body-workouts.html

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Great websites! I'm going to see how if I can master the "crawl routine"...

My PT keeps telling me to lift more heavy things though, instead of focusing on bodyweight exercises. Do you think the difference in results is that different? I still feel like I'm building strength with bodyweight exercises pretty damn efficiently..

Never limit yourself to one style of exercise. BOTH are effective and great. If you can, I'd say incorporate both. One or the other, however, can be more than enough, depending on your goals.

Weightlifters tend to say that you can't get strong using bodyweight only. Look at male gymnasts. I'd like to see a bodyweight naysayer do an Iron Cross.

Bodyweight people tend to say that lifting weights is dangerous and leads to injuries. Look at Clarence Bass. I'd like to see a gymnast do what they do when they're in their 70s.

Another great website to look at if you're into bodyweight strength is Beast Skills at:

www.beastskills.com

That guy is an animal!!

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Damn! I wish I could do those sort of stunts! Can you?!

I don't think I'm trained properly enough for heavy weight exercises. I've been trained on how to do a deadlift, but I've only performed it once under supervision. I do lift weights, but not anything over twelve pounds..

The ONLY thing I can do is the handstand push-up. I can do a VERY modified planche. But you're right, his skills are amazing.

The point I really wanted to make was that great strength is required for and can be gained by bodyweight exercises. But also, the Beast Skills guy does BOTH weight lifting AND bodyweight stuff.

Do what you feel comfortable doing and don't listen the "This or That" crowd. Mix it up, have fun and let me know when you complete a Beast Skill !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast