Thread: getting started page

trihard is offline Junior Member

getting started

Shop Now
    hi..
    i know i am probably violating all sorts of forum rules...sorry....but at present am
    feeling very overwhelmed and just need a little hand holding.
    how do i get started eating and working out primal?? just want to start off with
    the easy basics....is there an actual plan that says eat this and do that???
    HELP!!
    thanks from an overwhelmed-primal-wannabe.

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    There's no "plan". Everyone starts out the same way. You just have to take a deep breath and go for it. Have you read the Primal Blueprint book? If not then you need to start there. If you don't want to purchase the book just yet then you need to sit down and read through the blog and forum: there is a lot of information on both.

Simply put you'll be eating meat, good fats, non-starchy veggies, salads and a little fruit (and dairy if you can handle it).

Fitness wise check out the links on the forum. Everything has to be tailored to the individual. What works for one person won't work for someone else.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    have you read the book?
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Read the book and/ or read the definitive guides on the blog. That should point you in the right direction.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    If you haven't read the book, you might find it at your library.

Also on the MDA home page are a couple of links to get you started - top ten reasons etc etc. I found those very helpful when I was new.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    The Primal Blueprint 101 page has all kinds of useful information, but like everyone else said, I still recommend reading the book because it puts it all together in a way that makes so much sense.

In addition, while he might not always agree with Mark, Dr. Kurt Harris has 12 steps for paleo beginners, which can give you a basic guide to making changes: http://www.paleonu.com/get-started/
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.