Thread: Exercise Improvisation: Tree Stumping page

jalense is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I live in a small village (120 people or so) in France about six months of the year with access to a car only on the weekends. Been having to improvise workouts, as needless to say although we do have a café and a tiny little food store, there isn't a gym for miles around. I've found a lot of great body weight routines on the web. But not having a weight set yet, I found some great moves on youtube with a sledgehammer. Don't have a tire to hit just yet, so I just took the sledgehammer to some slighting rotting tree stumps in the garden. Great workout. And I was able to get rid of some ugly eyesores in the process.

Anybody got some other improvised moves or exercise routines to share. Fun, practical, different?

maba is offline Senior Member

[quote]

I live in a small village (120 people or so) in France about six months of the year with access to a car only on the weekends.</blockquote>

What a charmed life you&#39;re leading jalense! Coach Adam Steer has some great workouts on his site that don&#39;t require special equipments.

http://www.bodyweightcoach.com/

Wyatt is offline Junior Member

Jalense are there trees around? tree climbing has recently become a staple of my work outs. I can do either a high intensity tree climbing that involves various pullup positions. Or sometimes Ill just do a low level "puttering around." Either way, I can&#39;t help but that we are biologically engineered (evolved perhaps?) to climb these things! Running from predators, anyone?

jalense is offline Junior Member

Yes Wyatt. Trees everywhere. Great idea, thanks. Will have to looking more at MovNat. And maba thanks for the Adam Steer site. Greatly appreciated.